Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My kitty build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 12:08 AM   #101
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: My kitty build

All good things must come to an end... The Redcat has a new home. Had a blast building it , it really crawled great and was a blast to drive but i got a offer I couldn't refuse . Now that my xr10 is set up and running I couldn't turn the offer down.
2 team assosiated sc10's ( ones a roller with some decent parts ) - radio, 4 bodies , 2 4000 2s lipos , 2 4000 nimh batts , cheepy charger , 2 rpm front skid plates , and much more extra parts and peices. This thing is an beast !!! On concrete its scary fast with the traxxus velineon brusless setup . Have to ease into the throttle other wise it just wheelies up hard and is uncontrollable , savox 1258tg servo. Already ripped up a few set of plastic hexs , upgrades are bound to come sooner than later.

Last edited by G's ^; 01-30-2013 at 12:10 AM.
G's ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2013, 12:27 AM   #102
RCC Addict

Wow man it's a bit of a bummer but all things must come to an end I suppose. What a wicked deal though sounds like I'll have to check out your xr thread. I must ask before you forget about the cat how was it to crawl? Mine just feels uncontrolable not real torquy and doesn't wan to really crawl? Anyway good luck.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #103
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajey View Post
Wow man it's a bit of a bummer but all things must come to an end I suppose. What a wicked deal though sounds like I'll have to check out your xr thread. I must ask before you forget about the cat how was it to crawl? Mine just feels uncontrolable not real torquy and doesn't wan to really crawl? Anyway good luck.
My Redcat crawler worked great with a lot of tuning. I changed my link position , ride height and shocks around a lot till I found a good all around setup. My skid was around 2.75" , semi droop with 100w oil , upper links almost flat , all electronics velcroed to home brew skid. My axle to axle was right at comp length 12.5". It was very stable in side hills , and predictable on climbs.
Down sides - no power , clod stall like crazy , the banebots helped with torque , but still not enough to make me happy. 3s or 540s would take care of that. Steering angle blows , and track width could have been about 1" wider for better stability.
All in all it was a great crawler. I will keep my eye out for another as they popup on Craigslist for cheap when there broke. Great budget build , DIY rig / basher. I wanted to take crawling to the next level and the xr10 was my leap.
G's ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #104
RCC Addict

Yeah I know what you mean I also own a losi sportsman and just the difference in driving without clod stall is amazing but for some reason the cat just has it's special place on the table sort of. I'm thinking of making/doing a 540 mod, lower it a bit, steel gears and electrics than if it doesn't work out just transfer everything to different axles. Thanks G.
pajey is offline   Reply With Quote

My kitty build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My kitty crash Chit Chat 2 06-07-2012 04:44 PM
Kitty ggooler 1.9 Scale Rigs 41 10-31-2009 11:04 PM
My New Kitty 01XJ Chit Chat 6 08-26-2006 01:08 AM
Kitty Crawler! Ur Next Chit Chat 7 07-08-2005 09:35 AM