Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Newbie with Everest 10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2018, 09:08 PM   #1

Default Newbie with Everest 10

Got my E10 today. It’s impressive out of the box. Battery only needed 30 minutes to reach full charge but while I was waiting I outboarded the front shocks. Put the battery in and messed around for about 45 minutes around the yard. No challenging obstacles but my son helped me build a few with lumber and bricks we had out back. This thing is impressive. It’ll climb over pretty much anything. Didn’t see much of the dreaded torque twist. We the moved into the shop to swap out the stock tires and wheels for some Duratrax Deep Woods premounted on their black wheels. Here’s a few pics.

The Deep Woods are TALL. They are super soft and sticky compared to the stock tires.

Rig drives really different with the super grippy tires. Torque twist is much more noticeable since more torque in being applied due to less slipping.

Now I’m waiting for my 35t motor to get here along with my 5000 mah nimh battery and fast charger.

I’ve got a set of metal lockers on the way from China. Also ordered droop kit and some stick on wheel weights. After all of this gets installed I’ll look into improving turning radius.

Also think I need to start one for my son. He’s very interested and I think it’s max be a good excuse to spend time together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Deerhunter4; 05-30-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Deerhunter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2018, 09:33 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Newbie with Everest 10

So you just got this crawler, already upgraded it, have more upgrades on the way, and are about to buy another crawler? You're gonna fit RIGHT in here! LOLZ
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:49 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Id recommend cutting off the bump stops that limit the range of steering. Shouldnt harm the vehicle in any meaningful way, and gives you a fair bit more turn radius.
Rekreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:00 PM   #4
RCC Addict

What's the actual measured height of those tires? I know they're advertised as 5.9", but real life measurements of tires rarely seem to be the same as advertised. I'm in the market for taller 2.2"s and had been leaning towards Jconcept's offerings, but your pics put the Deep Woods on my radar.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 04:44 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Thanks!
Old 06-02-2018, 07:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
What's the actual measured height of those tires? I know they're advertised as 5.9", but real life measurements of tires rarely seem to be the same as advertised. I'm in the market for taller 2.2"s and had been leaning towards Jconcept's offerings, but your pics put the Deep Woods on my radar.

I measure them at just over 5.75” on my rig. They are nice. The foam that comes in them seems good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post

Just over 5.75” on my rig.

The Deep Woods measure 5.75” mounted on my rig.

Well dang! My 35T motor order turned out to be an 80T. Guess I’ll try again. Thinking of going 27T but not sure. May just keep the 80T as a spare for later just in case.

Got my 35T motor installed along with some frame extenders to move the upper shock mounts. Also greased the transmission while I was at it. Got it dirty today too. No rocks around here but did get to play on some big dirt hills. The 35T motor is perfect. Just enough wheel speed increase to allow clearing some tougher obstacles.

Here’s a pic of the relocated upper shock mounts. This lowered the truck just a bit which was good too.

Last edited by THX_138; 06-05-2018 at 12:25 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:47 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhunter4 View Post
Well dang! My 35T motor order turned out to be an 80T. Guess I’ll try again. Thinking of going 27T but not sure. May just keep the 80T as a spare for later just in case.

I STRONGLY recommend a Holmes Hobby Trailmaster sport! I have one in my E10 and its so much better performance it turns this 150$ rig into the same quality as a rig twice the cost. Bonus is that its only 15$!
Old 06-03-2018, 01:47 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

Np, I was really surprised how much it woke the rig up at such a low cost.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:35 PM   #9

Default Newbie with Everest 10

I added 2oz of wheel weights to the fronts and 1oz to the rears and that made a big difference. I may add a little more one I get my upgraded lockers installed.

Last edited by Deerhunter4; 06-03-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 01:51 PM   #10

Little update: I’ve made some more upgrades to my Everest. Installed the aluminum lockers a few weeks ago. The stockers still looked fine so I kept them just in case. My steering servo started acting up so I replaced it with one from Amazon. It works much better now and make crawling much easier since I have better control of the steering. Overall I still really like this thing and don’t have any regrets. My next investment will be a LiPo battery and charger.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:09 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

The biggest down side.to.the e10 is the link geomitry you can ether.upgrade the chassie.or.relocate.the skid plate lower theres a.guy on here that makes a nice e10 skid plate that lowers the link mounts and moves them inward to correct the link geomitry although ive never used one i went for.the custom chassie it basicly looks like it would do the same thing as far as.the links go also if you take the springs off and run it in droop it performs alot better these are amazing budget crawlers but the link geomitry is holding it back in stock form
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 11:58 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

an axial AX-10 chassis works and helps a bit.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Got my E10 today. It’s impressive out of the box. Battery only needed 30 minutes to reach full charge but while I was waiting I outboarded the front shocks. Put the battery in and messed around for about 45 minutes around the yard. No challenging obstacles but my son helped me build a few with lumber and bricks we had out back. This thing is impressive. It’ll climb over pretty much anything.
Dusting off an old thread rather than making a new one - how much run time do you get from a fully charged battery? You mentioned 45 minutes, did it run longer than that or did you just get bored and turn it off?

I'm considering buying my son a spare battery with an Everest 10, but if he can et almost an hour out of the stock battery, I don't think I'll bother.

Thanks
NoobDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:55 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

That depends on the size of the battery (MAh rating. The higher the rating the bigger the battery. Ie. 3000, 4500, 1800...)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
tda271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:37 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Both of my sons have an Everest (one E10, one Gen7) so my older son gave his 2000mah nimh (included with each model) to his brother, after he switched to 2s. The 2ah battery gives about 35-45minutes of actual run time (not counting the frequent "idle" time), or, nearly 2 miles of casual trail crawling. At 5 years old, he'll usually stay interested long enough to need to switch batteries, but has never been through both 2ah nimh's in one outing.

That being said, there's no way I would consider buying an extra nimh. I'd just let him use the included battery until he's consistently killing it in one run, in which case I'd just buy a big 2s (4000mah+) and a basic lipo charger (Imax b6ac is $25.) You'll be ready to buy another crawler for yourself by then anyway, so the lipo and charger won't go to waste.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:01 AM   #16

When you relocated your shocks, did you use any spacers and if what kind?
Darrell1967 is offline   Reply With Quote

Newbie with Everest 10 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Everest 10 Hondarider94 Redcat Crawlers 7 02-01-2018 12:36 PM
New everest 10 geordyn Redcat Crawlers 12 02-25-2017 08:30 PM
Everest 16 Rbranham607 Redcat Crawlers 3 09-01-2016 03:42 AM
Everest 10 Defords Newbie General 4 10-17-2015 09:20 PM
Everest-10 rodney m Redcat Crawlers 1 08-13-2015 07:17 AM