Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My Mad Max Theme Everest 10 (In Progress)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2016, 10:43 AM   #1

Default My Mad Max Theme Everest 10 (In Progress)

Whats up guys I'm new to the forum and this is my first RC crawler. I haven't had a RC toy since I was about 10 but my buddy talked me into getting one with him so I still have a bit to learn. We came across the Everest 10 and found this forum when looking for more info on it. Thought I'd join up now that I got mine going.

We can't have anything stock so once I ordered the RC I immediately ordered a Grave Robber body. The plan is to go for a Mad Max theme but like I mentioned I'm new and not that experienced with RC's so not sure if I'll be able to get it as detailed as I'd like but I'm still liking it.

On to the pics...

First time running it

Grave Robber body before cutting the rear fender to fit

Body after cutting and painting. For the bare metal/patina look I laid down brown layer first, then chrome layer, then sanded away the chrome layer. The inside is painted brown. Also added the roof lights.

Ordered new wheels but still waiting on the rims. Tires are 2.2 Rock Crushers. In these pics I had the foam still in because they seemed too soft without. They did better than the stock tires but my buddies Pro-Line Chisel 2.2s w/ memory foam did better than mine.

Definitely passed the waterproof test lol. Water almost came over the hood couple times.

I took out the foam and it's a little too soft I think but better than with the foam. I'll probably look into adding a little memory foam.

The roof rack that I still need to mount...has an RPG on the other side. Thought about buying another Grave Robber body to cut and stack on top like the one in the movie but I can't find it in stock anymore. Still need to figure out how I'm going to add more armor and spikes to it to go with the theme.

The only thing I've had break so far is the rear locker so with the help of this forum I replaced it with a metal Axial one and shaved down the dogbone ends to fit it.

Right now I have everything taken apart so I can paint match all the linkage, frame, and shocks.

Definitely a cool crawler toy for when I don't want to get my own truck dirty lol. Slowly adding more rocks/bricks to my little course in the backyard and still have some sections to check out around the lake I live by. When I get the new rims in and paint the rest I'll update this thread with pics along with any other progress.

Last edited by KPconcepts; 03-21-2016 at 06:50 PM.
KPconcepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: My Mad Max Theme Everest 10 (In Progress)

if you are going o drive with weapons mounted outside you should cover the muzzles
or at least have the muzzles pointing to the rear to avoid getting sand and grit in
the barrels.

other than that, a lot of good pointers in the e-10 write up.
specially lowering the center of gravity to keep the rig from tipping over, and maybe mirroring
the transmission and changing out the skid plate to move the lower links inboard.

enjoy
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:20 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

That roof rack is going to make it very top heavy and increase roll overs. Try to get as much of the other weight as low as possible and as far forwards as possible.
honchojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:56 PM   #4

Thanks for the tip Cabron & Honcho I'll check that out. We'll see how the roof rack goes if it's too much or not.
Old 03-27-2016, 12:51 PM   #5

Got my new wheels in and painted along with the link bars, frame, and shocks. Moved the lower shock mounts to the outside of the link bars.

Added Crawler Innovation's Double Deuce soft tire foam but need to do some adjusting/trimming to get it just how I want it.

And also swapped the stock motor for an Axial 27T, definitely more fun to have a little extra speed on flat land.

With the rims and tires both being quite a bit more narrow than the stock wheels, plus the added roof rack, I hope it won't be too top heavy. Thinking of getting smaller shocks? Seems to do ok from rolling over but I'll find out when I use it more with the current setup. Found some good spots by a close lake that I need to go back to now.

Next upgrade will probably be a 2S Lipo 5000mah battery

Last edited by KPconcepts; 03-27-2016 at 01:27 PM.

My Mad Max Theme Everest 10 (In Progress) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Yeti xl mad max theme Dubaibasher Axial Yeti XL 9 11-18-2016 05:46 AM
Redcat Everest 16 build in progress Casper Crawler Newbie General 9 10-03-2015 12:43 AM
Mad Max twissted Scale Videos! 0 03-08-2014 02:52 PM
Traxxas MAD MAX tom80 Non Crawler RC's 2 02-23-2012 05:04 PM