Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Redcat Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What Went Wrong? 2 brand new E10s with identical steering/servo problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2017, 10:36 PM   #1

Question What Went Wrong? 2 brand new E10s with identical steering/servo problems

Hi folks, just got the E10, my first RC car in... 18 years? Don't know anything about RC cars really, just starting to read the forum and learn.

Anyways, got one on Amazon, drove it for maybe 2 hours in the living room and they the steering stopped working reliably, just stopped responding 50% of the time. I decided that was unacceptable and I shouldn't have to repair a brand new item, so I ordered a replacement on Amazon. Hence why I have two at the moment.

So the new car arrived and I drove it outside on maybe 3 occasions, built a rock crawling course and after what was maybe some hard driving the last day (but not abusive) the steering stopped working all together. However this one just seems to just want to turn right all the time! It doesn't respond to any adjustment to steering trim or dual rate, turning the car/transmitter on and off doesn't fix it, nor did unplugging/re-plugging the servo, and the whole time you can hear the servo TRYING to turn to the right at all times. You can manually turn the wheels to left/center, turn the car on, it does that little shimmy, and then as soon as you turn the transmitter on, it goes all the way right and keeps trying to turn right, as if it is receiving a signal to do that. You can hear it struggling. (throttle control works fine)

So because I had the "older" car (still need to mail it back) I thought I should try that servo on the new car. Without removing it from the car, I plugged the servo into the new car to see if I could reliably control that servo. Nope, it just wants to turn right and keep on turning! Ok, so maybe it's the receiver/transmitter on the new one? I reconnect everything to it's original car, and now BOTH cars are just trying to turn right all the time! The new car does it when you turn the car and then controller on, the 'old' car does it as soon as you turn the car on, without the transmitter being on at all!

What in the world is going on? How are both cars doing the same thing? How did one car 'curse' the other with the same problem after testing that servo?

ninefivezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2017, 11:51 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Default Re: What Went Wrong? 2 brand new E10s with identical steering/servo problems

Always have the radio on. Always.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:41 AM   #3

Default Re: What Went Wrong? 2 brand new E10s with identical steering/servo problems

As in turn the radio on before turning on the car, or literally always keep the radio on? (that would seem strange to me but I'm here to learn)

Any ideas what steps I can try in order to fix this?
ninefivezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:45 AM   #4
RCC Addict

The e10 servo isn't the best, it's cheap and been know to crap out in non abusive use. The stock servo is hit or miss on reliability. My son's is still kicking after almost a year and have read others crap out quick. The best suggestion is to upgrade it now and that should be it. Remember to adjust the servo before you use it.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 05:22 PM   #5
RCC Addict

might try one of the front servos in the back of the other to see if there is any changes

and yes radio on first then plug in battery to esc
and turn off radio after unplugging battery from car. ( to save on radio battery life)
cabron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #6

The E10 I bought my daughter last Christmas just did the same. What's a good replacement servo?
Bcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 01:34 AM   #7

https://www.amazon.com/RCRunning-Dig...vo+power&psc=1
abdulrhman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 07:04 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Here's a waterproof servo. I use these with great success. The only thing I suggest is buying a metal servo arm which I would do anyway with any servo.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-HD-LW-2...WX331GNT68BNG3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
the_law_man01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

The E10 is a solid truck. The Hexfly servos are terrible.

The big Everest thread here will give you a ton of tips to make the truck better, and all of which are free. Since this thread is older, I'm sure you have seen all of the good content.
TIME MACHINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:32 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

The servo on mine and my youngest son's E10 went out in the same week.

I replaced them with the non-water proof version of the Power HD linked above. Been solid so far.
number9 is offline   Reply With Quote

What Went Wrong? 2 brand new E10s with identical steering/servo problems - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problems with steering- on 3rd (all new) servo petty_xl Axial Yeti XL 5 09-22-2015 01:29 PM
steering servo problems... BM0243 Axial SCX-10 12 11-28-2013 07:06 PM
Help with my HBX Rockfighter,servo steering wrong way replay Electronics 0 01-22-2013 12:15 AM
Steering servo problems Duramarks Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 12 12-29-2009 12:41 AM
Steering servo problems Ziggy Crawler Axial AX-10 Scorpion 7 10-13-2008 08:37 PM