Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Clodbuster Winch??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Clodbuster Winch??

I'm gonna mount a winch onto a stockish Clodbuster. I'm just stumped on where to mount it. The truck already has ESP tube bumpers, a homemade lift kit, a sassy chassis aluminium chassis, and a rear trailer hitch with a trailer. I'm gonna use the truck to haul my crawler Clodbuster. So where would be a good place to mount the winch, also what we be good use for the winch on this setup.
mastathug0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Hateraide

Well one way you could mount the winch is inside the chassis and run it out to the bumper and have just a fairlead at the bumper having the hook there, that way you just have to make a mount that is between the chassis, get whatt i mean? you would just need a longer winch line
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I know what ya mean. I have a 3racing winch already, that I'm taking back due to problems with it. Maybe I should do a test fit of it on the truck first. I got lots of room at the very front and back of my chassis, due to my wiring being tidied up alot. So I probably have enough room for a winch front and rear, but, that would be too much. Would I be better off to make a new bumper and put the winch on it.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
Hateraide

ya that is one thing you can do unless you like the bumper and want to keep it, otherwise you can make one just dont make it huge just make it simple, im sure you will find some good ideas on here of some.
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I'm kinda thinking of something like the Proline Western bumper then adding a brushgaurd. I got a headlight kit on the way for it too so I cant cover them up alot.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

I did mine behind the body and placed the rollers in front of the clod bumper, after removing the fake rollers.
Nor*CalDefender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

So the hook and some line would be hanging out, but the winch would be hidden. I drew up a design for a new bumper lastnight, based off the stock bumper, but turned into a chevy emblem with a brushgaurd. So if I just add in the hole for the rollers, then I'll have the winch hidden.