Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Accessories

Notices

Thread: Knytemare's Garage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2015, 09:42 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Knytemare's Garage

So I finally decided to build myself a scale garage after seeing all of these builds. Mine will be somewhat smaller than most due to the fact that I have to keep it on top of a cabinet out of the reach of my son and two cats lol! Hope you all enjoy!

This is the cabinet that it will be sitting on, which is also where I build my projects.

All of the boards are painted. Eventually there will be a blue pinstripe where the black and white paint meets.

The floor, back wall, roof and loft section are built. Once I get all of the lights and pinstripes put in, then the side boards will be put on.

Had to build some stairs to get to the loft area.

I used 12v strips lights to build my overhead lights. I wanted to them to mimic long fluorescent lights.

Giving the lights a test.

That's where it sits at the moment. I'm going to be building other items for the garage, I want to see just how much of it I can build on my own.
Hope everyone likes it.
Knytemare is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2015, 07:04 AM   #2
I joined the Band!

Default Re: Knytemare's Garage

So far off to a great start. Im starting up mine now as we speak so thanks for inspiration.
bayareaaxial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:50 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyApe View Post
Looks really good
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayareaaxial View Post
So far off to a great start. Im starting up mine now as we speak so thanks for inspiration.
I'm glad I could provide inspiration. Especially after being inspired myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe122 View Post
Nice start! Lighting looks awesome.
Thanks, lots of small soldering but well worth it.

So I ran out of some supplies for the garage itself but I decided to get started on items for it. First off is a rolling tool cabinet. I found one of Snap-On's website for which I modeled mine after and noticed that they were available in all sorts of colors, so I used my shops colors for it. Started off by building the basic box.

Added the drawers and locking mechanism.

One of my son's Hot Wheels sacrificed itself for the wheels - it was one he really didn't care for lol. Lots of patience and some swearing and I got the casters built up.

Got the base coat of paint applied while the sun was shining and actually warmed up the garage finally. Also added the handle.

Some detail painting on the drawers and it's all finished.

What started off as a personal challenge has now turned into an obsession lol! Now I just want to build everything! Seeing as how this is a shop I may build a reception desk and chair next. Hope you enjoyed this little update!
Old 03-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Since the weather was actually warm enough I was able to get some building and painting done today so I built a desk. Something simple but I think it works well.

Of course every desk needs a chair, and since this is a garage, why not a racing seat desk chair?

And here they are together.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe122 View Post
Absolutely awesome! Great idea for the seat.
Thanks! I got the idea while shopping for a new computer chair for myself lol!

So after showing my wife the progress of the garage, she said that the shop needs a drink machine. After mulling it over I decided to build a Monster Energy vending machine. I started off with the basic box and lined the inside with foil so it would force all of the light back out the display window. I added a left over piece of the strip light to a center post to evenly illuminate the interior.

Next up was the print out an image for the display window and glue it to a clear piece of plastic. I also built a drink chute and glued it to the window.

I drilled some holes for the selector buttons and printed and glued an image of the different types of Monster drinks. The whole unit was painted gloss black and then the window was glued to the front. My wife loves it and is now thinking of new things for me to build for the shop.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:33 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

That's awesome!
Alpha Male is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:55 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Creative support from the better half softens the blow when the credit card bill comes! Just say'n. The Monster machine is very - very cool. Great job. Love it.
joe122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 09:52 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I like the vending machine bro! Just shoulda made it rockstar lol! Great plastic skills as always
Solid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 11:46 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solid94 View Post
I like the vending machine bro! Just shoulda made it rockstar lol! Great plastic skills as always
Thanks! Wish I could show you in person. And as my wife says, "Rockstar, eww!" I started making other items and should hopefully be finishing them soon. The garage door just needs sanding and painting and then I need to come up with an office door.
Old 03-24-2015, 02:42 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Unexpected snowfall kept me indoors and the cold temps kept me from painting anything. Being bored I decided to make a few small items. First up is an angle grinder. I still have to come up with a cord for it but for the most part I think it's ready for paint.

Also made a couple rolls of paper towels and a roll of duct tape.

Next up I am going to try and come up with a welder. After all, every shop needs one!
Old 03-24-2015, 08:31 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Awesome work.

After seeing Sam's Garage in person, a scale garage of my own is very much on the cards.

Cheers
H2Micr0
H2Micr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:33 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Micr0 View Post
Awesome work.

After seeing Sam's Garage in person, a scale garage of my own is very much on the cards.

Cheers
H2Micr0
Thanks! After seeing Sam's Garage I was determined to build a garage or shop of my own. His build has served as a major source of inspriration.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I like everything in you build so far, but the vending machine just rocks!
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I wasn't too happy with how my angle grinder came out so I decided to make a new one. I'll just chock the first one up to learning experience and throw it on a shelf in the background. The new one even has an electric cord.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Finally had some good weather so I could paint and thus install the garage door.

Along with the angle grinder I also made a sledge hammer and an impact wrench.

It's silly but I also made a garbage can out of a mouth wash cap. It's fun looking at household items in a new persepctive.

My wife said the garage needed a personal touch and surprised me with a small dragon statue and a good fortune cat for the desk. I made a table for the dragon to sit on. She's enjoying watching the garage come together. Right now the office door is only mocked up.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:07 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

What is the garage door made out of?
jeepscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 06:13 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepscx10 View Post
What is the garage door made out of?
The door itself is Evergreen .125 Metal Siding and it is placed in C channel. I can't remember which one exactly as I had some that just fit. The housing at the top is just sheet styrene that I used to build the box. It's glued to the wall.

Knytemare's Garage - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Knytemare's take on a 6WD Knytemare Axial SCX-10 39 03-01-2014 10:59 PM
Knytemare's new Twin Hammer Knytemare Vaterra Twin Hammers 6 02-10-2013 11:10 PM
Mikes garage of doom garage comp.... scorpion_ax Videos! 1 12-18-2012 09:37 PM
Knytemare's Slingshot Knytemare Axial AX-10 Scorpion 0 07-30-2008 03:01 PM