Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Chassis question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2015, 11:18 AM   #1

Default Chassis question

Hi everyone! I'm kinda new to the SORRCA rules and regulations. I plan on building a 1:10 scaled Toyota FJ Cruiser to replicate my 1:1 FJ Cruiser. I was wanting to make it a class 1 rig so it would look more realistic and for comp reasons. Being that I just got into the hobby only a year ago, this is gonna be a difficult feat for me to accomplish; since I don't know a whole lot. I'm making this thread because I have a question about the frame rails. The rule for the class 1 states "Vehicle must run a full length rail chassis (The rail chassis must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase)(Tamiya CC-01 chassis are allowed).". Now, when it says "rail chassis", does this include the STRC "short wheel base" or BPC "short wheel base" style chassis? Being that they are flat style chassis and not a "C" channel style like the Axial chassis, that's why I ask. I'm unsure about what the rule really means. Thanks!

-Leon
Mrwalkintheplank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2015, 06:01 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Chassis question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwalkintheplank View Post
Hi everyone! I'm kinda new to the SORRCA rules and regulations. I plan on building a 1:10 scaled Toyota FJ Cruiser to replicate my 1:1 FJ Cruiser. I was wanting to make it a class 1 rig so it would look more realistic and for comp reasons. Being that I just got into the hobby only a year ago, this is gonna be a difficult feat for me to accomplish; since I don't know a whole lot. I'm making this thread because I have a question about the frame rails. The rule for the class 1 states "Vehicle must run a full length rail chassis (The rail chassis must be as long as the vehicles wheelbase)(Tamiya CC-01 chassis are allowed).". Now, when it says "rail chassis", does this include the STRC "short wheel base" or BPC "short wheel base" style chassis? Being that they are flat style chassis and not a "C" channel style like the Axial chassis, that's why I ask. I'm unsure about what the rule really means. Thanks!

-Leon
Either of those chassis will be fine. Since your trying to "replicate" your FJ Cruiser, I'm not worried about you and your choice of chassis. Just stay away from trying to make a comp rig with a "scalish" body. I think you'll find it's easy to follow the rules when building a Class1 rig. Feel free to ask any other questions here as you get to building.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:17 AM   #3

Default Re: Chassis question

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Either of those chassis will be fine. Since your trying to "replicate" your FJ Cruiser, I'm not worried about you and your choice of chassis. Just stay away from trying to make a comp rig with a "scalish" body. I think you'll find it's easy to follow the rules when building a Class1 rig. Feel free to ask any other questions here as you get to building.
Thanks for answering my question. What I meant by comp was a SORRCA ruled comp.

Now that that question has been answered, time to order the chassis.
Mrwalkintheplank is offline   Reply With Quote

Chassis question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question on available chassis Entropy98 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 15 04-23-2013 01:35 AM
chassis question jpomenich Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 2 03-21-2013 05:14 PM
chassis question... brandon f. Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 11 10-07-2010 09:46 PM
Chassis Question notez2beat Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 11-29-2009 03:38 PM
chassis question!! Wicked_Jester Tamiya Clod Buster 0 06-21-2007 04:34 PM