Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: Help me with scale points, class 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2017, 11:03 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Help me with scale points, class 2

This is my class 2. Wraith cage on SCX10 frame. The wraith cage is covered with metal body panels.

Is this a tuber? Is this an interior cage? Is this a truggy? Is this a hard body? What defines a hard body if it isn't?

The definitions are so vague, it's impossible to figure out how many scale points you have, if you build outside the normal stuff that everyone else does.

Thanks for the help!
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2017, 04:19 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Help me with scale points, class 2

It would be a two seat plastic cage (-1), with panels (-1),plastic sliders (-1), Two seat interior (-4) and a metal front bumper (-3). It looks like you have CMS (-5) and maybe a cargo area (-1) (can't tell with the pic provided).

So that's -16 from what I can see. If there's a T-case hidden in there that get's you to -20.

You're easiest avenues for additional points would probably be scale drivers (-4 for each one), inner fenders (-2), and maybe a spare (-3) . I also recommend that you max out the functional points (things like a winch which can give you up to 8 points) and non-functional points (that max out at 6) as they're usually pretty easy to nab with some planning.

Quote:
Is this a tuber? Is this an interior cage? Is this a truggy? Is this a hard body? What defines a hard body if it isn't?
Tubers aren't legal in C2, but as you've added the wraith cage to a an scx-10 frame it's not a tuber (basically if the rails are tube it's not legal). Right now, you're only getting cage points, but if you cut off the frame behind the cab, and if the wraith shock mounts are in place you would get plastic truggy points.

The easiest defination of a hard body is :
Quote:
• MUST meet this criteria: Must have 3-dimensional body panels that cover the chassis (not flat panels that bolt in betweenvisible tube work).
• Must resemble a known 1:1 body.
Hopefully that's helpful.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:33 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: Help me with scale points, class 2

So if I make metal body panels that resemble a Jeep that are one piece, or multiple piece of metal that are fastened together off the chassis and holds a 3D shape, then it'd be a hardbody correct?
articzap is offline   Reply With Quote

Help me with scale points, class 2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SORRCA Competition Rules Release - Class Specs and scale points Locked Up Scale Comp Rules 323 01-26-2011 09:10 PM