Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Nationals

Notices

Thread: 2012 Axial NWSC results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #41
Rock Stacker

Default Re: 2012 Axial NWSC results

A big thanks to everyone who made this event happen! I didn't compete but I met some really nice folks and saw some awesome trucks! I will definitely be driving next year and I hope to bring a big group of CORCRC drivers with me! Top quality event everyone!
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2012, 02:33 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

I really wish I could've made the trip this year. I missed hanging out with my buddies from across the country! Looks like y'all had a kick ass time and I hope to be there next year for sure...
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #43
RCC Addict

You should have come up Tommy. Patrick did Texas proud with my Pajero though...

I think he owes me something for that Lipo vltg cutoff. I knew I should have let him drive that course first....
Difuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #44
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Difuser View Post
You should have come up Tommy. Patrick did Texas proud with my Pajero though...

I think he owes me something for that Lipo vltg cutoff. I knew I should have let him drive that course first....
Yeah, I heard!! I'll do my damndest to make it next year. Maybe I'll have a couple rigs built by then!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

TTC scores up in the first post.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

I've had a bit of time to reflect on the TTC now and have a few things I'd like to say. I had a really great time judging and timing and trying to walk and do math at the same time.

I saw a lot of competitors helping each other a great deal, from helping hook up winches to helping each other fix things that were broken. Every one of the guys out there was a class act.

I learned a lot during the seven events about judging. It's a very difficult thing to do, especially with all the people around cheering people on, it's easy to get caught up and not catch everything. I made a couple calls that were difficult and maybe not correct.

My apologies to Patrick on the Mini-Rubicon, my biggest regret of the event was not giving you the extra minute you may have needed to get your truck to the line. I hope there's no hard feelings.

The mud pit and the truck pull were by far the most difficult to judge. Some of the trucks got bogged down pretty good in the mud and was hard to tell if they were moving or not. I did my best to be consistent with the calls.

Overall, I want to say thanks to everyone for coming out and making it a fun day for all and for giving everything those trucks had as well.

Hope to see you all again at an event in the future.

Dennis
4VRYNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #47
Rock Crawler

I love that a ladder frame truck won the frame twister and the Tank trap. Not being there I don't know if it was driving or the rig. Anyway, the whole thing has been awesome to see come together and the initial pics and video have been very cool. Thank you to the organizers and competitors for putting on a show for us to experience vicariously.
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3six View Post
It was a great event and one that I am very proud to of put on with Tim and John.

On that note, I would like to Congratulate the entire Team3sixRC team for thier hard work, podium finishes, and most if all your always helpful attitude.
A Huge round of applause!

Secondly, before this event squared off. Team3sixRC has added John Ripplinger to the team. Congrads sir!

Third, to EVERYONE that supported us and made this event the strongest scale competition to date. Thank you all for the compliments. It means a great deal to Tim, John, and myself. We worked very hard to do our best.

Fourth, to our outstanding Vendors. Its because of your continued support and your faith in me and our team to go above and beyond to provide you all with the respect you all deserve, we look forward to working with you all at our next event.

And Finally. To old friends, to new friends, and to some fantastic people.
Not one issue with this event. We showed the RC World we are a scale builders Family! Hats off to all of you and it was a pleasure meeting and seeing you all.

You are all winners in my book.
I give you my nuts & no thanks? Next time you get my shaft!

Nah, was a great weekend, A hui hou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4VRYNG View Post
I've had a bit of time to reflect on the TTC now and have a few things I'd like to say. I had a really great time judging and timing and trying to walk and do math at the same time.

I saw a lot of competitors helping each other a great deal, from helping hook up winches to helping each other fix things that were broken. Every one of the guys out there was a class act.

I learned a lot during the seven events about judging. It's a very difficult thing to do, especially with all the people around cheering people on, it's easy to get caught up and not catch everything. I made a couple calls that were difficult and maybe not correct.

My apologies to Patrick on the Mini-Rubicon, my biggest regret of the event was not giving you the extra minute you may have needed to get your truck to the line. I hope there's no hard feelings.

The mud pit and the truck pull were by far the most difficult to judge. Some of the trucks got bogged down pretty good in the mud and was hard to tell if they were moving or not. I did my best to be consistent with the calls.

Overall, I want to say thanks to everyone for coming out and making it a fun day for all and for giving everything those trucks had as well.

Dennis
You did great Dennis. Especially for a one man show out there.

Thanks everyone for make this one hell of an event. I'm so grateful for everyone that voted my Caddy in to the TTC.

Thanks for the memories!
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Dennis
I think you did a great job, no one likes being the badguy. Thanks for judging, hope to see you soon(get a truck running)!

Justin,
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #50
www.team3sixrc.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
I give you my nuts & no thanks? Next time you get my shaft!
!
My wife loves your Nuts.
team3six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
My wife loves your Nuts.
That great, when she wants more, just ask bro!
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #52
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:

Dennis
Don't you worry yourself about it Dennis. We all appreciate you doing the job and you did great. Until humans are removed from the equation there will always be mistakes and judgement calls, it's all part of the game.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
I love that a ladder frame truck won the frame twister and the Tank trap. Not being there I don't know if it was driving or the rig. Anyway, the whole thing has been awesome to see come together and the initial pics and video have been very cool. Thank you to the organizers and competitors for putting on a show for us to experience vicariously.
Quite a few of the trucks had frame-rails, but there might have been a tuber or two..

Are the KOL Race results in the works? Cant wait!! Thanks!!
rbgerrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:56 PM   #54
Rock Crawler

yep...would like to see some pics from KOL for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgerrish View Post
Quite a few of the trucks had frame-rails, but there might have been a tuber or two..

Are the KOL Race results in the works? Cant wait!! Thanks!!
rcscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
I think you did a great job, no one likes being the badguy. Thanks for judging, hope to see you soon(get a truck running)!

Justin,
Speak for yourself, I never have any issues with being the bad guy

Quote:

When judging there are always difficult calls to be made, The one course(mud pit) that was(IMO) the tughest one to call. wasnt in the equation for the top finishers so all that it may have affectd was placings in the middle.

Yes rules suck and it sucked that Patrick wasnt in line to run when his turn was there and the next truck was ready to start. The line just has to be drawn. In the 1:1 TTC you need to be ready to run when your called. Had he been in line ready to run it wouldnt have been any issue at all. Patrick is a competitor and im sure in retrospect will have his truck in line next TTC he is in. If we gave every competitior an extra minute or 2 between each run to get in line and be ready it would only add 3.2 hours to the day, that is part of why the rule is there!!

I would agree, its hard to see everything with the amount of mud and water going everywhere. Next time we willl have a line judge for each side to help out.

Dennis

Quote:
My wife loves your Nuts.
you left this one out there, the only thing that I can say is she has got to get'em some where

All joking aside without all of the great people that came to this event and helped us put it together, there wouldnt have been a spectacular event. So a huge thanks to everyone that showed up at the event whether to compete or just to spectate
SDS Customz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #56
MODERHATER™

No biggie Dennis. I was there before Corey started his run, yelled I was coming when SDS called out "Patty cakes"....

It is what it is.

Thanks for judging!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #57
I wanna be Dave

King of Lucia results up in the first post.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #58
My vendor status has been revoked

wow! i just realized if my 15 point truck had more points i would have placed a lot higher! i still cant get over this event, it was a lot of fun and thanks again to everyone that helped put it on! im stoked to move to oregon city next week and start getting into the portland area comps to get ready for next years event! ill be seeing a lot of you soon!
summitcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #59
I wanna be Dave

Glad you made it and had so much fun. I can't wait to get back to scalin' after I recover from my second surgery. I'm on track to be healthy in March, hope to see you at that comp. Good luck on the move to OC......

2012 Axial NWSC results - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2015 Scale Nats Updates Grizzly4x4 2.2 Scale Rigs 1396 11-09-2015 02:25 PM
Itinerary for the 2012 Axial NWSC War Pig Scale Nationals 24 09-28-2012 07:58 PM