Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Videos!

Notices

Thread: Tf2 going for broke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Tf2 going for broke

So I feel my tf2 is fragile. It scratches, detail pieces break, mirrors break off etc etc etc. So It must be I dont drive it right or take care of it. So be it I am just going to keep going all out with it. It started out nice.!Its actually great at climbing fully leafed. Maybe the super swampers have something to do with it. Regardless watch, it does well.

http://
Rivas Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2012, 07:49 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Tf2 going for broke

I like it. Been thinking of getting one but was worried about poor performance. You video shows it can do a little something.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Thats just a great video, I really admire your scale driving style.
OKJeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
I like it. Been thinking of getting one but was worried about poor performance. You video shows it can do a little something.
Honestly I was worried when I got it and thought I would use it like a class 1 rig, just trail riding. The tf2 was built to run to an extent. The body takes some abuse and I did primer 2 base and a clear. No complaints about suspension or drive train. It comes with some options for leafs. I only used a single leaf, I like wheel travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKJeepin View Post
Thats just a great video, I really admire your scale driving style.
Lol Thanks. I really like scale. So its not often I pin it wide open, but I will bump it up something if needed.!
Old 05-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivas Concepts View Post
Honestly I was worried when I got it and thought I would use it like a class 1 rig, just trail riding. The tf2 was built to run to an extent. The body takes some abuse and I did primer 2 base and a clear. No complaints about suspension or drive train. It comes with some options for leafs. I only used a single leaf, I like wheel travel.

Same here.

I thought about if I do get one. Making some 5-6mm lift blocks under the springs, running one leaf or buying the way over priced red soft springs.

Im glad its holding up. I know myself and there is no way I will be able to drive like a class 1 trail rig.
KBrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrog View Post
Same here.

I thought about if I do get one. Making some 5-6mm lift blocks under the springs, running one leaf or buying the way over priced red soft springs.

Im glad its holding up. I know myself and there is no way I will be able to drive like a class 1 trail rig.
I think these springs are doing well. Lol yea it was wishful thinking I could run class one only with it. If you check out my other videos we really dont have any class 1 runs. Check out "Crawling calico Las vegas" by rockman84 they are in LVSC and the black tf2 has a body lift and spring lift I believe.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:48 PM   #7

Cool video
She looks to climb pretty darn well. Looks like you have your foams just right for the rocks.

Your editing was a tad bit off though.....Your video started with no mirrors On the rig, but ended with a nice undamaged pair of side views
THX_138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Lol I dont edit in order. I just put the end stuff because this video was short. I usually edit by how the trucks look. In a few other videos you can see the are not in order either. One truck climbing with a second behind, but the one behind was on video climbing a minute ago. lol

Tf2 going for broke - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another TF2 from the UK Pete Attryde RC4WD Trail Finder 2 26 09-15-2012 10:54 AM
Tf2 Snowwheeler RC4WD Trail Finder 2 14 08-20-2012 09:39 PM
the first TF2 in Hungary leowrc RC4WD Trail Finder 2 5 05-02-2012 03:24 PM
New tf2 on the way!! kmoore RC4WD Trail Finder 2 10 04-24-2012 05:45 PM