Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > Scale Videos!

Notices

Thread: 1980 Ford F-150 Custom Off-roading | Team Associated CR-12

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2019, 03:03 PM   #1

Default 1980 Ford F-150 Custom Off-roading | Team Associated CR-12

https://youtu.be/Qu-ksHnrJAE

This is a video of my brand new RC truck that I won at the 2018 RUDE BOYZ STTC. This truck is from Team Associated and is called the CR-12. It is a 1-12th scale electric 4x4 truck meant to look as real as the full size truck right out of the box. In comparison to a 1-10th scale off-road truck such as my SCX-10 Jeep, this truck is drastically smaller. Making it easy to pack around. The truck has a lot of nice qualities such as the molded front grill with working lights, mirrors, door handles, chrome bumpers, and rims. I must admit it is a very nice looking truck and it does okay out on the trail but it lacks in some areas such as: diff clearance, tire size, and the fact that the rear tail lights are just for looks, they don't actually work. Even though the diffs hang down quite a bit it allows for larger, stronger internal gears to be used which is good and this could be combated with larger tires. The current tires that are on this truck are smaller than 1.5's so it makes it difficult to find a rim and tire combo that will suite this truck well without doing a bunch of hacking to make them fit nicely. I plan to install my own 3mm red LED lights into the existing rear plastic light assemblies by drilling a small hole to mount a working 3mm LED into and simply gluing it in place. During the filming of this video I put the truck through its paces stock out of the box and put 3 batteries through it. The truck uses the smaller sized LiPo's that you would see being used in vehicles such as the Twin Hammers, 1-16th scale Traxxas vehicles and the likes. It comes with a 850mah 2s battery which works just fine but I found myself needing more wheel speed since the tires didn't have much traction so I used a 3s 2200mah 50C VENOM battery for the filming of this video. The battery straps that come with the truck are not big enough to hold anything larger than the stock battery so I had to source my own as well. During the filming of this video nothing major broke only one of the mirrors broke off from rubbing against some rocks. The suspension is setup fairly decent and allows for plenty of articulation from a scale truck like this. I think this truck would suite anyone looking for a portable trail rig that is still very capable when compared to a micro trail rig and it also uses a lot of 1-10th scale electronics and components which makes parts availability much better. The location this was filmed at was in Jasper, Alberta at the Valley Of The Five Lakes. Such an amazing place to do some trailing! If you have any further questions about the truck or the location just ask below!

www.youtube.com/user/TheRcCrawlerKing
TheRcCrawlerKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

1980 Ford F-150 Custom Off-roading | Team Associated CR-12 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW 1/12 Team Associated CR12 Ford F-150 RTR RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-28-2018 12:10 PM
⚡OPEN FOR PRE-ORDER!⚡ NEW 1/12 Team Associated CR12 Ford F-150 RTR! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 05-21-2018 10:17 AM
New Team Associated CR12 Ford F-150 Flareside Crawler tuanies General Scale Talk 5 05-19-2018 10:57 AM
1979 Ford F-150 Custom Supercab SwampDawg 2.2 Scale Rigs 23 08-27-2016 09:10 AM
1987 Ford F-150 Custom John Deere Chit Chat 16 01-14-2010 07:09 PM