Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: RC Rally

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default RC Rally

Ok, so I've got this HPI touring car that I got a while back and have only ran a couple of times. Its pretty boring if you ask me and drifting doesnt do much for me. I cant seem to get rid of it either. Soooo.....I was thinking of converting it to a rally car. Kinda fills the need for a lil speed and the offroad obsession at the same time.

Just figured Id get some ideas and see if anybody else might be interested in doing something like this. Probably would be fairly cheap and some of the crawling locations might have some trails to mess around on.
CREEPINKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I have a losi mini baja I was thinking about doing that to...with a sand scorcher body.
Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I have an SC10 that's collecting dust and I put a VW bodied Slash together for Steph (that I keep breaking) that need to get their legs stretched. Just ordered new brushless combos for both but they would probably suck as trail runners. The Augusta Canal spot has plenty of room for wide ass open stuff too though.
KevMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I see others converting touring cars into rally racers and it looks like it might be a blast. Im just a little unsure how well they would perform, especially compared to a SC truck or buggy. I know jumping it would be a lil iffy but thats not really my thing anyway. I just think seeing a group of rally style cars tearing ass down a dirt road would make for some good video.

Anyway its kinda a last ditch effort to get this thing off the shelf and actually do something with it.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Jason, I actually tried to make one with my old nitro rs4. It is very hard to get enough ground clearance to make it work. Basically you just need longer shocks to get the control arms down some from stock. The drive shafts were too short so I could only go down so far. It was fun though. I ended up making it into a dirt oval latemodel. Fast as hell....

I'll look and see if I have any pics left over.

EDIT, all I could find was pics of when it was a dirt track car.

Last edited by chops1sc; 04-24-2011 at 06:22 PM.
chops1sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #6
RCC Addict

They use to make a kit to convert a tc3 into a rally car when I first started running dirt oval I had one on my car then i found out better lap times with out it. Ur car shaft or belt drivin
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Ive done a lil research and I can find a few people that have converted the sprint2 over with the longer shocks, different shock towers and MIP's. Oh and of course wheels/tires. Seems it can be done but somehow I dont think it will hold up to much abuse. Or it would need a fairly groomed stretch of road to run on.

Unfortunately its belt driven but I have seen an underbody kit made for the RS4 that would fit the sprint2 so that would kinda solve the problem of crap getting into the belts. Im just really to the point to where Im tired of seeing this thing. Kinda figured Id get some input on the rally conversion before I find a large cliff, attach some foam wings and see how far it glides before gravity kicks in.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:56 AM   #8
RCC Addict

If I remember right pro line makes rally tires for touring cars
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote