Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: "Rock the World" SC Dash for Cash Series.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 08:41 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default "Rock the World" SC Dash for Cash Series.

"Rock the World" South Carolina Dash for Cash

After much thought I thought I may try a money series for those interested. This series will be more for fun with a stress free enviroment. This first attempt at this is going to be completely experimental and if we get enough interest in it we may expand on it in the future. As for now we are going to keep it low cost with a decent reward.

I am thinking 3 comps at 3 different locations. Bald Rock, Falls Park, Neal Shoals. Locations not set in stone.

I would love to have as many as you possible to attend but there will be no minimum number competitors to compete. All proceeds will be rewarded. I should also mention you can attend and not participate in the money series itself. Fellowship and friendship is always welcome.

Rewards - This is where I would like some help. I was thinking $5 entry winner take all at the end of the series or $10 and split it $5 collectively to the winner of the 1 comp and the other $5 collectively to the winner of the series.

This competition series will be all in fun. I understand that we spend alot on these crawlers and the cost that goes into travel to the different comp locations. This is why I want to keep it low cost and still fun with a decent reward.

The series will start after the first of the year. I hope all of you will be able to attend.

Look forward to your comments and suggestions.

Last edited by limited77; 11-26-2011 at 09:02 AM.
limited77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Im down for this Michael whatever format is decided I'm game for
Monstergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Thanks for your support sterling.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I like your thinking Michael. Sounds like lots of fun to me. Keeping it low cost and still competitive should be a great combination. Let me know if I can help in any way.
strato54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

I will be there as long as I can get off work I like it Michael
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

<----- wishing he had a comp crawler
Full_Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by strato54 View Post
I like your thinking Michael. Sounds like lots of fun to me. Keeping it low cost and still competitive should be a great combination. Let me know if I can help in any way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_ENERGY View Post
I will be there as long as I can get off work I like it Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlandrc View Post
<----- wishing he had a comp crawler
Thanks for the support again fellas....

The XR10 I won at Turkey Crawl I will be putting together for my son. But seeing he is still very young and will be unable to compete for a couple more years, this rig will be used as a loaner at comps. William enjoys me letting him drive mine. I let him handle the steering duties. I will build this rig as i would be driving it myself so in my opinion it will be a competitive rig.

Any of you are more than welcome to try it out at the comps if you would like.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:43 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by limited77 View Post
Thanks for the support again fellas....

The XR10 I won at Turkey Crawl I will be putting together for my son. But seeing he is still very young and will be unable to compete for a couple more years, this rig will be used as a loaner at comps. William enjoys me letting him drive mine. I let him handle the steering duties. I will build this rig as i would be driving it myself so in my opinion it will be a competitive rig.

Any of you are more than welcome to try it out at the comps if you would like.
Michael I like that idea. It gives a guy a chance to drive a well prepped rig to see if he is interested in the "FUN COMP" side of the sport
Old 11-26-2011, 12:10 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Been wanting to pull the trigger on an XR10 for awhile now. Not quite ready to dump the 2-3 grand into it just yet though. The wife and I are looking to build our first home down here in the next 3-5 months, so I can't justify (even to myself) spending that amount of cheese when we've got such a huge expense on the horizon. For now, the Wraith will have to satisfy my crawling desires.

Very cool of you Michael to offer your additional rig as a loaner. May be taking you up on that one.
Full_Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Im in...like the idea and will help out however needed.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:30 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
X2. I'm in like Flynn. Don't care about the comp rigs as much as I used to but always up for some crawling with friends and some fun rivalry.
TODBLDZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Is this going to be the NEW SC series
M_ENERGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

We used to do an indoor thing like that at the local hobbytown. $5 entry and winner takes all. It was weekly though. I won $65 one night.

I think you guys would have fun with a series like that... as long as you had a double points finale or something to keep everyone in the game until the end.

If you don't do something like that, only the top couple of guys stick with it to the end. (cause they are the only ones with a chance at the $$.)

Harvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

I don't do the comp stuff, but this sounds more like something cmyers1 and I have thought about doing on the scalers side. I think it would be neat regardless. I would be up for coming and helping out in any way I could. I'm sure you will need some extra help.
SLPatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlandrc View Post
Been wanting to pull the trigger on an XR10 for awhile now. Not quite ready to dump the 2-3 grand into it just yet though. The wife and I are looking to build our first home down here in the next 3-5 months, so I can't justify (even to myself) spending that amount of cheese when we've got such a huge expense on the horizon. For now, the Wraith will have to satisfy my crawling desires.

Very cool of you Michael to offer your additional rig as a loaner. May be taking you up on that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TODBLDZ View Post
X2. I'm in like Flynn. Don't care about the comp rigs as much as I used to but always up for some crawling with friends and some fun rivalry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_ENERGY View Post
Is this going to be the NEW SC series
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvo View Post
We used to do an indoor thing like that at the local hobbytown. $5 entry and winner takes all. It was weekly though. I won $65 one night.

I think you guys would have fun with a series like that... as long as you had a double points finale or something to keep everyone in the game until the end.

If you don't do something like that, only the top couple of guys stick with it to the end. (cause they are the only ones with a chance at the $$.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLPatt View Post
I don't do the comp stuff, but this sounds more like something cmyers1 and I have thought about doing on the scalers side. I think it would be neat regardless. I would be up for coming and helping out in any way I could. I'm sure you will need some extra help.

Thanks for the support guys!

Harvo, great input man. That gives me something to think about.

Splatt, maybe not now but once we get you on a loaner maybe it will change your mind.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:15 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Michael will this just be for 2.2??
Old 11-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I'm sure we could make it available to the other classes...no minimum number of drivers...it'd just be between those drivers entered in the other classes...more classes you enter the more chances you have to win Of course this is all up to Michael since it's his show
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:31 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Location: In the middle of Cleveland-Troutman-Mooresville, NC

Would like to help and participate if it's open to other states as well.
duty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Any dates or months?
Brackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:40 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

I would be willing to drive down for a few of these and the posilbility to make a little extra cash is always good
Cycleeric is offline   Reply With Quote