Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: Comp 6 Location

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Comp 6 Location

First off...this thread is for discussion regarding the comp location for comp 6 by those that will be involved in the comp.

I know it's not ideal to have a "mystery" location, but really the location is in GREENVILLE...it's within 4 miles DRIVING distance of downtown. I thought that was more than close enough for everyone to plan accordingly. I'm not upset...I'm just trying to find out why it's such an issue to do things this way this time???

I'm just trying my best to keep things interesting for EVERYONE!!! I apologize if I've created a problem...
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Comp 6 Location

Sid...I know what you mean and trust me...it'd be much easier on me to just post the location. The last comp in Clemson was suppose to be a "new" location for everyone but the day of the comp I heard quite a few running around talking about where to put gates and how to run lines because they had been there the previous week.

Being that this location has a LIMITED amount of rock I felt that it was even more important to keep it a "secret". As far as a select few knowing where it is not being fair...how else would we know where a location is unless someone found it first? The guys that know where it is are locals and they should be thanked for finding the location, providing permission to use the rocks, and letting us know where they are. I know where it is and stopped to check it out, but it was raining and I was ready to get home so I haven't even put a rig on the rocks.

I'm sure your friends will be in contact with you on Saturday if they're truly interested in coming and you will be able to let them know where it will be Better yet...point them to this forum and let them get involved here
Old 02-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

If one person knows the crowd should know! Fair is Fair. The select few has knowledge of the location and are able to go and precrawl, and its only fair that if one has crawled it then we all have the opprotunity to do so! If there is going to be secret locations then no one should know but the appointed person that decides the comp location and that person should be trustworthy enough that we can all trust that he will not go and precrawl! I could go on and on about this topic but hopefully you get my drift. Time to go eat some sushi!
jeremyfowler33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

My point exactly. Id dosnt matter why i want to know its just only fair that if more than one knows we all should know.
BigSid00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

So basically I should have lied and said that noone has been there...

Seriously...a rock is a rock and these are toy trucks. Noone here is trying to get a leg up on others or to have an unfair advantage. The whole idea here was to eliminate the constant "yeah we ran that last weekend" or "nah...go this way" or "that line is easy...we ran that one a couple different ways already" or "I hope I get to build finals cuz I know which gates I want to include" etc etc etc.

Think about it another way. There are 2-3 of us that live 2-3.5 hours away from the majority of our comp locations whereas 10-15 of you live within 30mins to 1 hour of most of them. Then there are guys that travel in from out of state on occasion. How does it look when the 2 of us from down here along with a handful of guys from out of state show up and the locals are going on and on about how many of the lines they've already run?

If we were in Moab this would probably be a completely different situation.

The Spartanburg Fairgrounds is a perfect example here. None of us "should" have access to that location throughout the year unless we actually hold an event there. However, there are 1 or 2 guys that know the people that can let them in on occasion. Does that mean it's unfair for us to ever hold an event there because all of us don't have access all year?

The fact is we are in SC and we don't have an abundance of locations to use and the locations we do have aren't overflowing with available rock so as the "head" of SCRCC I'm doing what I can to try to keep things interesting and make it fun for everyone.

Last edited by ittybitty; 02-17-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Whatever, this is way out of hand all over where our comp spot is. I guess we will have to be glued to our computers saturday night and rush to make plans as for the comp. AS for the people thats out of state, thats whats gonna happen when you go to another state to compete. It would be the same if we went to one of there comps
Old 02-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Im not tryn to start crap or rub anyone the wrong way. Just want equal info as others in our sport.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

I don't have a problem with keeping it a secret. That way it can't be prerun to death this week. I don't prerun....I don't hardly practice at all. I will be going to falls park this week to test some tires.
Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:11 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

I know you're not trying to start crap...and I'm not trying to be the king of SCRCC here so I hope that's not the impression ya'll are getting. What ya'll have to understand is that I hear opinions from EVERYONE after our events and recently the most common comment I've gotten is that they're tired of coming to comps only to feel like they're running predetermined courses or at the very least courses that aren't as challenging for a few as they are for others simply because a few guys have the ability to visit our comp locations much more frequently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSid00 View Post
I guess we will have to be glued to our computers saturday night and RUSH to make plans as for the comp. AS for the people thats out of state, thats whats gonna happen when you go to another state to compete. It would be the same if we went to one of there comps
RUSH? This is what I don't get. If I told you the comp was going to be in Greenville and it was actually in Columbia I could see the issue, but I've gone as far as saying it's within 4 miles of downtown Greenville. If I told you on Saturday that it's in Piedmont, SC (where Wendall lives) would that really be that much different than if I told you it's going to be at the Dick Smith dealership on 385? The two locations are only 20 minutes apart...at most...so I just don't see it causing a rush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSid00 View Post
AS for the people thats out of state, thats whats gonna happen when you go to another state to compete. It would be the same if we went to one of there comps
And...isn't it annoying to travel several hours to attend a comp only to hear the locals talk about all the lines they've already run?
Old 02-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Ok so if a rock is a rock then post the location and quit being an only child about the situation. Im sorry that yall live where there is no comp spot and that you dont get to drive at the comp spot at us. We all pay for the same gas and we all love to crawl so if you want to go and run a spot then go and do it . I personally hate politics and all the bullcrap like this, so if our sport is going to turn into this i think it will kill our participation at the comps and also the number of newer people who might want to get into crawling . Who really wants a hobby that gets into politics most people have hobbies to get away from this kind of stuff
Old 02-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Guys...how about this. Let this comp play out as it's been set up and we'll discuss it as a group at the comp this Sunday whether or not we do anything like this again. I knew there would be some friction when I decided to try this, but never wanted it to become this much of an issue. So if I can ask everyone to please bare with me on this one and we'll make a call as a club this Sunday.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

So were gona have like a vote or somthing on it? Say the comp spot be posted a week "7 days" prior the event therefore if people out of state wanna pratice its up to them. I mean if you have a job and work regular hours "9 to 5" then when will you have time to prerun anyways.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I know the location and havent been there and wont go there. The only thing is i think this is a shitty way of doing this (imo).
Old 02-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

And everyone knows what opinions are like...
Old 02-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyfowler33 View Post
I know the location and havent been there and wont go there. The only thing is i think this is a shitty way of doing this (imo).
So you already know the location but are complaining about it....you don't like drama yet you are causing it....some thing doesn't add up here
Slowbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:44 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Theres a lot more to it than whats to be seen on the forum wendall.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyfowler33 View Post
Theres a lot more to it than whats to be seen on the forum wendall.
Huh? What's that mean?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #18

I am fine with not knowing the exact location of the comp but would like to know if there is easy access to the rocks or if we will be climbing up/down a ravine to get to them. This pregnant lady could not handle that.
Slowsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Its right beside a parking lot kim its really a nice place
Old 02-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

It is preggo access approved

Comp 6 Location - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comp location preview video - Wallis Comp (Switzerland) nicodrive01 Videos! 6 04-06-2012 06:39 AM
Twisted/MiRCa Comp November 15th New Location for comp in BROWN CITY twistedone Michigan 34 11-16-2009 10:03 AM
next comp location march 21st comp thescoutmandan Idaho 2 02-25-2009 07:42 PM
comp location WipeOut Chit Chat 2 08-04-2007 06:47 PM