Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: Lowcountry Crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #1

Default Lowcountry Crawling

Hey, for all you that crawl in Charleston at the "quarry" be forewarned its being taking over by contruction that is taking place in that area... i went today to run the wifes new G6. We were able to run but not sure how long its going to be accessible..

for those that have been there here is new pic.... oh well gotta find somewhere else...

peace...
Attached Images

stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Lowcountry Crawling

Are you referring to the carnes crossroads area? If so, was that you guys out there around 3:30ish today? I saw two people off in the distance walking around and there was a blue truck when I got there. If I'd had known you had some crawlers I probably would have introduced myself. But my day was cut short and I was only there for about 20 mins, had some electrical issues with my rig so I had to head home.

It has been a few months since I've been to that location, and you are correct it doesn't look anything like the last time I was there, too bad because it was a fun place to run. Hopefully we can get another year out of it before we get booted out permanently.
JpSonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Carnes Crossroads has been "developing" for about a couple of years or so now. That is by far one of the best natural crawling spots I have ever ran in my day! I think yal will be alright but I haven't visited in about a half year roughly so could be wrong. Then again, I would just keep going until you get kicked out or it turns into that neighborhood they were planning for it to be lol. Goodluck!

Carnes Crossroads RC Scale Run - YouTube

wilbywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #4

Jp, yeah that was us.. we saw you in the distance as well...

Wilbywise, yeah it has but they have stepped up the housing development and now seem to set on messing with the only decent crawling place around here. depending on how fast they work its still usable.. hopefully they arent in a hurry...
stik is offline   Reply With Quote

Lowcountry Crawling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official lowcountry trail and meet thread!!!!! summervillecrawler South Carolina 168 08-10-2013 09:18 AM
Lowcountry Scaler Picture and Video thread summervillecrawler South Carolina 23 04-25-2013 09:25 PM
Lowcountry Scaler woods course project build thread at Summervillecrawlers place summervillecrawler South Carolina 11 01-01-2013 06:04 PM
new site up for lowcountry crawlers. ChasCrawler South Carolina 9 11-14-2010 06:45 PM