Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: Devils Backbone Scale Challenge February 22nd

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2015, 11:12 AM   #201

Default Re: Devils Backbone Scale Challenge February 22nd

Being a rookie to this hobby I had a couple of questions I'm hoping yall could help me out with related to rules on a couple things I noticed. Forgive me for my ignorance, I'm still learning all these rules.

1. If your truck stalls on a trail with no power. Can you pick it up and look it over to see what the problem is? or must the tires remain on the ground while checking things over to be considered a trail fix? If you pick it up to look it over, does this result in a HOG.

2. If you flip on your side or roof. can you just flip the truck back on its wheels using a tow rope pulling it with your hand? or must someone around you or a teammate pull you over using a winch or tow rope with their rc truck?

Thanks in advance, hope to see yall on the trail again soon.
JBCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #202
Rock Crawler

Default Devils Backbone Scale Challenge February 22nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCrawler View Post
Being a rookie to this hobby I had a couple of questions I'm hoping yall could help me out with related to rules on a couple things I noticed. Forgive me for my ignorance, I'm still learning all these rules.

1. If your truck stalls on a trail with no power. Can you pick it up and look it over to see what the problem is? or must the tires remain on the ground while checking things over to be considered a trail fix? If you pick it up to look it over, does this result in a HOG.

2. If you flip on your side or roof. can you just flip the truck back on its wheels using a tow rope pulling it with your hand? or must someone around you or a teammate pull you over using a winch or tow rope with their rc truck?

Thanks in advance, hope to see yall on the trail again soon.

I am by no means an expert on this, for scenario 1 I would say you need to keep the tires on the ground. The exception to this is vines/fishing line. We have made exceptions in the past for that. We have also allowed people to change batteries on site.

Scenario 2. That is called a judges winch and we do not usually allow that in our comps. You must use a winch or teammate.
skerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:46 PM   #203
Rock Stacker

As far as trail fix goes ive seen people sit down where there truck is at and tear a whole front axle apart to fix it even if that means picking it up off the ground to wrench some screw out.
Cr4wl3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:37 PM   #204
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr4wl3r View Post
As far as trail fix goes ive seen people sit down where there truck is at and tear a whole front axle apart to fix it even if that means picking it up off the ground to wrench some screw out.

This may be something we should note at the next event. Should we emphasize that repairs will take a penalty, and to be sure to mark it.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:39 PM   #205

Thanks. Like I said, being new and learning i just wanted to make sure i understood the rules correctly.
Thanks again.
JBCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #206
Rock Crawler

Robert, did you get any video?
Old 03-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #207
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skerb View Post
Robert, did you get any video?
Yessir! I've been moving all week and have yet to get any editing time in. Might be able to get started on it tomorrow though.
wilbywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #208
Quarry Creeper

Sorry for the delay y'all! Wish I had a bit more footage, the rain was not any help that day lol.. https://youtu.be/TpwqnpEKUv8
wilbywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #209
Rock Crawler

Great video as usual. The weather really put a hurt on the video captures. But, it didn't hurt the action!
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote

Devils Backbone Scale Challenge February 22nd - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VIDEO: 3x Axial Wraith 3x Traxxas Summit Land Rover D90 SCX10 CC01 @ Devils Backbone boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 12-02-2011 10:01 AM
11 Truck mudding adventures at Devils' Backbone 29 Sep 11 boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 09-27-2011 11:08 AM
Mud Water Steep Hill Descent at Devils Backbone - SCX10 Dig RockForce Highlift AX10 boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 06-26-2011 11:15 AM
SinCityRCRC competition #2... sunday february 22nd dieselfuel Competitions 8 02-12-2009 12:35 AM
Hemenway Havoc! SinCityRCRC competition, sunday february 22nd dieselfuel Nevada 2 01-16-2009 08:20 PM