Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: New to RC Crawling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2015, 04:20 PM   #1

Default New to RC Crawling

Hey Y'all,

Just ordered an PSC Axial Wraith and am stoked to get it. I'm currently in Ohio helping my dad out through some treatment but I am a senior at USC and graduate in May. I'll be sticking around Cola for a masters so I'm hoping to find some good spots around the area to have some fun. Though I'm new to RC crawling, I'm not used to the sport. I used to have an 04 Rubicon and wheeled Tellico, Gulches quite often. I figured this would be a good way to get back into it even if its a smaller scale and it looks like a lot of fun.

I do have a few questions. I'm sure most of these will be user preference, but I need some direction.

What are some good websites with aftermarket parts other than axial's website?

If you have or had a Wraith, what would be the first upgrades you recommend?
- What are upgrades that you recommend in the future?

Is the steering servo/ axles strong enough to withstand the large tires on these RC crawlers?

Battery tray in the front?

Thank you guys for any input, its all appreciated!

-Stubby
StubbyUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2015, 05:36 PM   #2

Default Re: New to RC Crawling

Well hello friend, welcome to the RC world. My name is Matt, I live on the other side on the river in West Cola. I've have doing this for about a year now. I have a SCX10 Honcho mostly stock, I use Ebay for my RC needs.
thetinman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 05:56 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Hello and welcome from another semi noob.
I'm from Michigan running a scx10 which I've spent all winter putting on expensive parts that wont make it crawl one bit better,lol.
So far the only serious performance aids I've added are Hot racing hardened trans gears, strc cvd's, my stage one kit will be here Wednesday, the rest is just bling,lol.
I've met several people here that can answer any questions you could have.
billy bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:01 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

A good quality servo with at least 300oz of torque with a BEC and a good clamping servo horn. Upgrade the front dogbones with axial universals. Then upgrade as you break stuff. Definitely move battery to the front.
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 06:26 PM   #5

Thank yall for the information so far. Sounds like the front is one of the weakest areas (same with the Dana 30 axle on the 1:1 jeeps). Matt, whenever I return next fall we will have to meet up and wheel together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StubbyUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:06 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbyUSC View Post
Thank yall for the information so far. Sounds like the front is one of the weakest areas (same with the Dana 30 axle on the 1:1 jeeps). Matt, whenever I return next fall we will have to meet up and wheel together!

Welcome to the addiction! If you want to gain some more knowledge and info on these event feel free to join the Carolina Scale Crawlers & South Carolina Radio Control Crawlers (SCRCC) on Facebook. Other than that RCC and coming out to local event and GTG's will be the best info one could get. Hope to see you out at the next event.
wilbywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:00 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Welcome to the addiction. I have a 1:1 as well that got me into these a few years ago. I work in the vista and live near Columbia. You should definitely join us for a comp. they are tons of fun.
skerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbyUSC View Post

Hell yeah! its is fun and very addicting!
thetinman85 is offline   Reply With Quote

New to RC Crawling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rock crawling vet, new to rc crawling. LowLock Newbie General 3 02-23-2011 07:53 AM
New to RC crawling old to real crawling need help Longgun101 Newbie General 9 11-11-2009 07:05 AM
Crawling?? TeamDeweyRacing Idaho 11 09-28-2009 10:25 PM
anyone crawling near vegas going to be crawling on monday or tuesday? KILLER KRAWLER Nevada 4 08-09-2009 08:07 PM