Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > South Carolina

Notices

Thread: Carnes Crossroads

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2014, 12:35 PM   #1

Default Carnes Crossroads

Just a little FYI Carnes crossroads is all close up. Anyone found anywhere else to go in the low country.
Satheddal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Carnes Crossroads

I was out at the end of Folly this Saturday, it was super nice weather besides the 20mph winds lol! Other than that had a great time taking to rig out to the dunes and whatnot. I made sure to stay an extra 20 feet away from that saltwater, had me rather paranoid..

Last edited by wilbywise; 11-23-2014 at 02:53 PM.
wilbywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Looks like some fun out on the dunes!
2003EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

That sucks about Carnes, I haven't been out there in a couple months. Did they actually start building stuff in that area or did they just block it off so nobody can use it?

A spot that I go to sometimes is off of Palmetto Commerce Pkwy. It's not as good as Carnes but it's still better than nothing. If you're on Patriot Blvd, just go straight across over Palmetto Commerce Pkwy and drive all the way to the end. There's a brand new building back there and on the far side of it is big area with some dirt mounds from the construction. There is also a man made pond behind the building that would be good for boats, and the cement/blacktop behind the building is a good spot for on-road cars if you have them.

I've only ever gone there on the weekends as I didn't want people to yell at me for being there and I have yet to run into any issues. It looks like only half the building is being used right now anyways, but who knows when the other side will be rented, for all I know it's already rented, it's been a few months since I've been to that spot too.

These pictures were taken a couple months ago, so I can't say for certain it still looks like this, but it might be worth a look if you're looking for a new spot to run.
JpSonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 10:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JpSonoma View Post
That sucks about Carnes, I haven't been out there in a couple months. Did they actually start building stuff in that area or did they just block it off so nobody can use it?

A spot that I go to sometimes is off of Palmetto Commerce Pkwy. It's not as good as Carnes but it's still better than nothing. If you're on Patriot Blvd, just go straight across over Palmetto Commerce Pkwy and drive all the way to the end. There's a brand new building back there and on the far side of it is big area with some dirt mounds from the construction. There is also a man made pond behind the building that would be good for boats, and the cement/blacktop behind the building is a good spot for on-road cars if you have them.

I've only ever gone there on the weekends as I didn't want people to yell at me for being there and I have yet to run into any issues. It looks like only half the building is being used right now anyways, but who knows when the other side will be rented, for all I know it's already rented, it's been a few months since I've been to that spot too.

These pictures were taken a couple months ago, so I can't say for certain it still looks like this, but it might be worth a look if you're looking for a new spot to run.
They haven't started building there but they dug up the entrance with a excavator. There's no way we are getting in there anymore. I have started searching for a new place but have found anything yet. Sheep Island rd was looking promising but there have been a few tresspassing tickets handed out there so I have decided to stay clear of that area.
Satheddal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 03:01 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

So I decided to check out Carnes today to see if there is anywhere to run. Well, I'd say its easier then ever to go anywhere you want back there now, nothing is blocked and all roads are open. They even filled in that big ditch near where people use to park, I drive a lowered truck and I had no issues driving back there, lol.

So to all the local Summerville area people, I wouldn't write this place off yet.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:26 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

So I decided to check this place out yesterday to see if it was still a decent spot. Well, it's not. They built built another huge building back there and are in the process of building a third. It doesn't look anything like those pictures I took any more, kind of a bummer.

On a positive note, I went to carnes last weekend and again I had no issues getting back there and running.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:20 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
So I decided to check this place out yesterday to see if it was still a decent spot. Well, it's not. They built built another huge building back there and are in the process of building a third. It doesn't look anything like those pictures I took any more, kind of a bummer.

On a positive note, I went to carnes last weekend and again I had no issues getting back there and running.
That's great news ab Carnes! I would most definitely drive down to do an event there if it was possible getting the right permission that is.. Especially with summertime coming up, it would be a great excuse for us hillbillies to invade the low country for a weekend!
wilbywise is offline   Reply With Quote

Carnes Crossroads - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie at a crossroads Verewolf Newbie General 3 08-27-2014 10:54 PM
Crawling in Carbes crossroads. Satheddal South Carolina 2 06-14-2014 08:47 AM
A day at Carnes Crossroads.. JpSonoma South Carolina 5 05-29-2014 07:30 PM
Carnes crossroads Arock87 South Carolina 8 03-30-2014 08:32 PM
Carnes Crossroads 01/05/2014 Video to come Fritzn19 South Carolina 5 01-09-2014 01:05 PM