Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > SSD Trail King - Pro Scale Chassis Builder Kit

Notices

Thread: New TK club member

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2019, 11:43 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New TK club member

I just ordered a Trail King kit this morning from the fine folks at RPP Hobby. After outfitting my Yeti and Scx10 with several SSD parts and wheels a few years ago, I was confident with the quality of this kit. I have a new in the bag Proline Blazer CGR body and some old never used Novak esc and motor combo I will be using at first. I’ll be reading all these posts to get a heads up on the build details.

Last edited by evlwevl; 09-26-2019 at 12:50 PM.
evlwevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2019, 12:32 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New TK club member

Still deciding how I want to build this. Was going to originally use a Proline CGR blazer body but want to do scale figures so this bronco will work better. I also use the 305 mm links instead to match the deadbolt’s wheelbase. Adding a rooster crawler ESC and a Holmes hobby trailmaster sport motor.
https://flic.kr/p/2hBxkcj

Last edited by evlwevl; 10-28-2019 at 12:45 AM.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:13 PM   #3
Gold Star Baby!

Any progress pics? Curious to see that body completed and mounted.

Congrats on the new build.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 09:23 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

My trail king build was sidetracked by a bomber build that has now gotten out of control. The weather lately has not been conducive to painting so the body is still clear and I’ve added a new bumper but still searching for an appropriate rear bumper for the bobbed bed as I picked up a metal rear bumper that’s too long.
Old 12-13-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by evlwevl View Post
My trail king build was sidetracked by a bomber build that has now gotten out of control. The weather lately has not been conducive to painting so the body is still clear and I’ve added a new bumper but still searching for an appropriate rear bumper for the bobbed bed as I picked up a metal rear bumper that’s too long.
I know the feeling. I ordered my TF2 back in early October, followed by an SSD Trail King Pro on Black Friday. Due to a few "mishaps", the TK didn't arrive until Thanksgiving week...except that I was 500+ miles away visiting family. When I returned to work (where I have my packages sent), I found both vehicles waiting for me. Then, due to deciding to order a few 'upgrade' parts for the TF2, that caused another delay in starting that build.

Thankfully, the TK chassis is finished. Istill haven't started the TF2...though, those upgrade parts did arrive today (along with some Landmines for my Capra). At the same time, it's not finished-finished. After finishing the chassis, I noticed that the front shock stands are slightly "warped", curve towards each other (starting approx 1/2-2/3 up from the bottom). Don't know if this is a manufacturing defect, something caused by heat sometime between manufacturing & arriving to me, or something else. I'll be ordering the aluminum shock stands (which I was already planning...just want planning on ordering them so soon). You might want to check yours, be once you start the build.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Last edited by Panther6834; 12-13-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 01:58 PM   #6

I just installed this rear shortened ssd bumper which fits the bobbed bronco bed perfectly. The front bumper is a stamped steel Chinese bumper from eBay. With the holidays and cold weather, I didn’t want to chance it with paint yet. I will have to look at my shock towers again to see if they bend in like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rob.R.Deleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 02:25 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.R.Deleon View Post
I just installed this rear shortened ssd bumper which fits the bobbed bronco bed perfectly. The front bumper is a stamped steel Chinese bumper from eBay. With the holidays and cold weather, I didn’t want to chance it with paint yet. I will have to look at my shock towers again to see if they bend in like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't appear that this is your build thread. If that's correct you should start your own to post photos.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

New TK club member - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Would your club like to be a SORRCA member? finishline Scale Comp Rules 85 02-13-2019 05:29 PM
Welcome another member to the orange JK club. 05Fronty4x Axial SCX-10 23 03-30-2013 08:04 PM
helping out another club member clodstall Chit Chat 12 09-10-2007 09:39 PM
New Member of the S-10 Club. And Some Questions. gregrocks90046 Tamiya TLT Crawlers 7 05-28-2005 07:23 AM