Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Doom's day device,,,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Doom's day device,,,

well,,the time has come for me to take my super rig to the next level,,after seeing all the new designs and builds from my local club and across the country i new something had to be done....so i asked my good friend jimmy,(TURBOFEST) for some help,,,after explaining to him what i wanted to do with my rig he had started to get his wheels spinning,,he and i had swapped some ideas on what i wanted and what he had wanted to do as well,,,so after a few weeks and countless hours in texts and pms,,he had come up with my new chassis,,jimmy has designed 95% of all of his chassis,,with great success,,so i knew he was the guy who i needed for this,,he understood where i wanted to be with this,,,

so with out any further adue,,it gives me great pleasure to present to all of you the ,"EVIL 1",,from TURBO-TECH CUSTOMS,,,,its 1 off ,,and hand made custom for me and my rig,,its made from 1/4 inch delrin side plates and skid,,out fitted with multiple mounting points for my suspension and 4 links,,counter sunk mounting holes for lower links and transmission mount,,this is by far the sexiest thing ive seen for my super,,or any of my other rigs for that matter,,,ive nick named it the DOOM'S DAY DEVICE,,because when this build is finished,,it will be a weapon of mass destruction,,

dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2010, 04:16 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Looks great Where is the rest of the rig though TF builds always are incredible, might have to build one, one day. Can't wait to see it complete.

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Well you tight lipped SOB Guess I need to get off my (as Yotachump says) slacker ass, and build a new Corn Dawg.

Dez, looks damn good man
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:19 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

thanks for the kind words fellas,,made some progress last night,,,we have a roller....electronics and shafts tonight..we will be starting testing tomorrow...

Old 01-16-2010, 07:56 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

When did you put the X-locs on HPI rims. Did you just stretch them, or did Nova make em? I like em a lot.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:28 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Looks badass. I love shafty super's.

What electronics are you planning on running?
kmnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Looks great Those x locks look good on the blast rims! Do they work better than plow boys?

Kieren
Aussie Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
TEAM MODERATOR

Nice job. I'm digging the chassis.

Building my Bastard,and seeing these new Force axled rigs....has got me wanting to build another super.

Curious to see what powerplant you go with. A 10t puller on a 4 cell would be fun.
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart bender View Post
When did you put the X-locs on HPI rims. Did you just stretch them, or did Nova make em? I like em a lot.
they are just stretched over,,no need for any modding,,i feel this is the way they are intended to be,,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmnss View Post
Looks badass. I love shafty super's.

What electronics are you planning on running?
still gonna do the 21.5t goat system,,i had great success with it in my other super rig,,basically just changing the chassis and suspension geometry ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd View Post
Looks great Those x locks look good on the blast rims! Do they work better than plow boys?

Kieren
no,,there arent any super tires that ive seen work better than a plowboy,,these are going to be my "non" comp tire,,my narrowed plowboys are the super soft compound,,dont wanna burn em up,,i still have my set of standard width plowboys to use as well,,but they are a lil wide so i loose a lil steering angle,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
Nice job. I'm digging the chassis.

Building my Bastard,and seeing these new Force axled rigs....has got me wanting to build another super.

Curious to see what powerplant you go with. A 10t puller on a 4 cell would be fun.
my 10t puller is in my tuff truck on a 3s,,hooked it up with a novak super duty xl just to pass the time until the holmes escs are in,,,still gonna run the goat,, i will be trading the 2s in for the 3s upgrade with novak in the next few weeks,,im hoping to sell my 5b soon to help fund that,,and yes,,build another super,,
Old 01-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

That chassis looks great.
What tranny is that?
Tortuga275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

thanks,,its an axial trans with the hd dna dig,,,pics will be posted later tonight or tomorrow am,,made a bunch of progress today
Old 01-18-2010, 06:49 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

You got steel gears stuffed in the Hot Racing case? Are those CDW 8mm outputs too with the long on the front?
Old 01-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You got steel gears stuffed in the Hot Racing case? Are those CDW 8mm outputs too with the long on the front?
yes sir,,normally it would be in the back,,but with the dig it gets flipped,,,
made some progress today,,all the wiring is made up,,running dual becs,,with harness,,motor is mated back to trans,,dig servo is in,,and its all mounted in
...still have to route all the wiring and get the new links for it before i make the new drive shafts,,we are getting close...

talk about perfect fit,,,god damn

preview of the hood,,i spent 5 hrs taping this the other night,,and now im doing something different,,so i pulled the tape off,,gonna start the new design tomorrow
Old 01-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Dr Kavorkian mobile. Two BEC's? JRH ran 10 servos off one bec in testing, and lifted 100 lbs off the ground. My servos have never been weaker since I wired in my single bec. Hope that works for yuh.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:37 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

when i had it wired with a single one my rear steer would stall every once in a while,,not often,,but often enough for me to not want it to happen again,,guys in my club who also run the supers run there rigs like this and have full power all the time,,so i will follow there advice,,,;)
Old 01-20-2010, 07:37 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

I've got two of em. I might as well wire them both up too. More is always better right?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:56 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
I've got two of em. I might as well wire them both up too. More is always better right?
Yup, ran one for the longest time now i have a pro bec in the super, just make sure you wire the bec directly to the servos. retain the esc bec for the rx.

Cant wait to see this thing go Dez
scatterbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 08:13 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

all the guts are back in it,,battery mount is in and functional,,body mounts are done,,and body has been mounted

Old 01-23-2010, 08:55 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

You're gonna put this in my Super Rollcall post in the General board aren't you?

Looks killer Des

Last edited by Bart bender; 01-23-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:27 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
You're gonna put this in my Super Rollcall post in the General board aren't you?

Looks killer Des
i might rabbit,,i might...once i get the hood sprayed ill post her in there for ya,,
had her out for some testing today,,,lets just say,,im very happy.......