Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Low Buck Super

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

I understand your hang ups,,I personally dont care for the torsion style,,it is too unpredictable,,uncontrollable. When that Ally channel unloads it can be like some swung a golf club at it. I love my high clearance on my GX2 and having the control of the shocks makes it tunable and predictable without sacrificing smoothness and linkless set up. I am chomping at the bit to get my hands on a set of Super Bully XLD's and bolt the up to a GX2 super rail and see what 7.5-8" of GC. is like. My 2.2 climbs breakovers like a knife through butter if I can get traction,,and driving through notches is a breeze with no chassis or links to hinder squeezing through.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2010, 09:58 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

any pics of the chassis for the medium super axles.?
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:32 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
First the pimp cane type chassis.Don't get me wrong I have run several and like how you can manipulate them but with the driving style I acquired from the last 2-3 years with my CFNN the 2 just do not mix.I think I could add some weight and make it better but then I have to haul that around.Stick type chassis may be a option.
I really hate the narrow tires but with the mediums there is no way I see of going to a link suspension and running a wide wheel and tire without making it wide by offsetting the wheels.
I also do not like the gearing in the axles.I know there is a 65.1 gear box coming but that's just more money and things to have to change.
I really like loading a truck up in a bind but if you do that with this thing if it does pull its self out its coming out like a bat out of hell.I can not run as fast as this thing will go.

I don't know I am so tore up over it I am not thinking straight .
I want my old rig back.But it did help pay the bills so it was not a total loss.
I, too, have been having problems with the gearing on those axles. I've been running these on my buddy's super (I've been building it for him to run this summer...at least until I get my clod done). I'm running 35t V11's w/ 11 tooth pinions, and it's just too much speed with not enough low end torque. The pinions helped, but not quite enough. I'm debating either 45t's or 55t's. I think it'll make a huge difference.

The sudden unload is my biggest fear with the torsions. My biggest concern with the stick is how high the shock mounts on the old school sticks are, and whether they'd keep it belly up if or when I go turtle with it.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Well this thing chewed at me all night long so early this morning I
4-linked it.
Even with the link setup chassis I have a ton of dislikes but it was a step in the right direction.I need to change springs limit shocks and as much as I do not want to add weight to the front.

I think this chassis with the lower axle link mounts I made will be a good combo on the wide axles with a set of the lower geared gear boxes and a set of plowbows on 4.0 or 4.5 wheels.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote