Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: NEW Rockslide Super Crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 02:20 PM   #1

Default NEW Rockslide Super Crawler

Just got my crawler yesterday.Man its awesome!My only crawler experience was with an axial and this thing blows it away.Can't believe the size of it.Siped the 2 front tires last night and noticed a change real quick.Need some help on weight.How much should I add?Only downside is the runtime.Guess I need to get a better battery or maybe run two.
albaraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Pics man! People in this forum can offer setup tips from experience if you show us some pics!
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #3

Default Here are some pics.

Well how do I post pics?Anyway I added 10 oz. to each front wheel and 5 to each back.I moved the shocks for a little more ground clearance.
albaraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

I bought one of these for my son and it's pretty decent out of the box. I bought it realizing it's not going to be comp-worthy, just something to take camping, etc. That being said, it definitely needs some chassis tuning. It has WAAAY too much articulation. The lower links also need some sort of stability. Having the shocks mounted like that makes them flop left to right and it plays havoc with controlling the truck.

One thing I can say, after a trip to the rocks yesterday with my son and I driving it, nothing broke!

These pictures are borrowed from the RCU review of the Rockslide which can be found here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1112

Last edited by John82601; 04-12-2010 at 10:48 AM.
John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:34 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: NEW Rockslide Super Crawler

So I'm rockin a heavily modified 1/8 redcat rockslide super crawler I have purchased every possible upgrade option from redcat as well as added a few very nice bad ass custom add ons to my rig as well.
Replaced the spur gear shafts all around to a limited slip diff system
As well as replaced the dog bones & outdrives with CVA shafts
Upgraded shocks full aluminum body
Removed tire foam sealed under the bead locks with liquid rubber and am running on air filled tires.
I have replaced the stock ESC with a traxxas EVX-2 duel lipo ESC which comes water proof
Also have 8 venom 5000 mah lipos which I have fully water proofed which if ran back to back two at a time I can run for 16 hrs
Marine greased every gear
took apart & water proofed every electronic
I also built custom tire chains for winter
VenomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I also cut the original wires and connectors off the motors and ESC and soldered on new thicker gaged wires and gold plated connectors for better currency flow as I'm leaving on the stock motors as they are 100 turn motors and you can't get motors with that many turns of that much torque anywhere I can find.
I also have a skyfly gt3b remote & receiver.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I have also fully water proofed both motors steering servos and receiver.
And with the tire chains I built I can run this crawler any day of the year I can run this thing under water. Being that I live in northern canada where it snows allot and.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:22 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

I've seen one in action. It works very well and have been thinking about making a purchase of my own.
scaryfast12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Just be prepared to do a few small upgrades to make it a lot more fun until you can afford all the aluminum.
Replace the spur gear drive shaft with the limited slip diff gears so you are not taking it apart all the time to replace the twisted spur gear I have not reopened my transfer case since that upgrade and before was rebuilding that shaft all the time. And as well if you are keeping the NIHM'S which I would highly recommend you upgrade for better power and longer run time to get that duel battery adapter and body clip so you can run your Duel garbage NIHM'S that will only buy you an extra ten min and no more power. Get a lipo ready ESC and run lipo. Those were the two first things I did to make this rig more fun.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:50 PM   #10

Does anyone know what gear pitch this vehicle has?.

Thanks in advance
Soulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote