Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Supercharged Super

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 05:17 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Supercharged Super

Just a question for everyone that has a moa super. Is anyone running a moa with dual 6s? If so can u post up pics and a video? Granted it would probably be heavy but man I would like to see it!
White Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2010, 05:36 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Dual 6S

Sounds like this ->

annedecke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:44 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Haha! No really I know somebody has done it I would think. Like maybe dual 14t pullers on dual 6s...
Old 11-30-2010, 07:26 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I'm not sure those 14T's would hold up to the voltage. I can barely keep motors together on 4S....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

According to HH website the 14t is made for 6s. But the 10t for 3s.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Why would you want to run dual 6s? most people dont run that in racing let alone crawling. theres no need. JMO
BansheeManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:53 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Why? Same reason some 1:1 crawlers have nitrous I guess. Its not needed, but cool to try it. Its probably too much weight for comps. But if somebodys got good electronics on their crawler and has the batteries around I would like to see the results. Wouldn't everybody?
Old 11-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

sounds like a waste,just run a single 3s lipo
jeepron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

The gears would likely granade on ya! But you would have to get past the ESC catchin' fire first.
SMR4RUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepron View Post
sounds like a waste,just run a single 3s lipo

x2 i didnt want to say its a waste, but it is. It's kinda like combining a taco from taco bell and a canolli made by a true italian grandmother at a homestyle italian eatery, just because the two commercials were right after each other on tv. The max i would go is a single 4s lipo. You could save the money and buy some strong ass servos instead, that would be the smarter thing to do.

just my 2 cents,

Lance
Old 12-01-2010, 07:59 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

So your telling me uall wouldn't want to see it? It would turn a crawler into a superclass formula off-road icelandic hill climber I would think. I mean theirs gotta be some people out their that got a couple of different RC's. Maybe with a electric revo or something where they already have some big batteries layn around they could throw on their MOA just for kicks for a run or two. Just an idea- but sounds like no ones got one 6s battery, yet alone 2 of em. To go out and buy a 6s just for your crawler...ya I agree its a waste. BTW that video of the grenade hittn that rc car cracked me up...thanks for postn it!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

I think krawlfreak has reached super top speed. 35Ts and 4S

krawls superjuice berg
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:03 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Stripe View Post
So your telling me uall wouldn't want to see it? It would turn a crawler into a superclass formula off-road icelandic hill climber I would think. I mean theirs gotta be some people out their that got a couple of different RC's. Maybe with a electric revo or something where they already have some big batteries layn around they could throw on their MOA just for kicks for a run or two. Just an idea- but sounds like no ones got one 6s battery, yet alone 2 of em. To go out and buy a 6s just for your crawler...ya I agree its a waste. BTW that video of the grenade hittn that rc car cracked me up...thanks for postn it!

I see the point you were making, it would possibly be cool to see but then again why not a put 8 inch tall tires on a summit and run a custom esc and custom 12s pack.(more logical yet extremely over kill) If i still went out and bashed my trucks, then i would do this just for the hell of it, but now that i comp 99% of the time and have thousands of dollars into this hobby, i just wouldn't want to destroy a truck that i built, just to see it work and prove that i built an rc from hell. lol

If you end up making it post a vid, but i would just get as much info from this forum as you can and piece together a badass crawler, even if its for comping or bashing. Ive found that the best thing to do is build your trucks to be durable and tune them til they drive/perform at the top of their game time and time again.

Happy crawling,
-Lance
Old 12-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #14
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Been there for the past two years on both the super and the 2.2 . 14t pullers on 6s work great. Not as easy to control as 4s or 5s running, but if you want power and control there isn't a better brushed system out there. Also run 55t brushed on 6s, but I have stepped down to 27t on 4s for better power to weight ratio. Otherwise I run 35t on 3 to 4s depending on the rig and place I am running.

You only need one 6s pack. Run two 3s packs in series or have somebody like Cheapbatterypacks build you one. With the 14t puller you only need a 1300 25c pack when running 6s, anything better is just a good perk.

Last edited by JohnRobHolmes; 12-01-2010 at 01:45 PM.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote