Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Could i get some measurements?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Could i get some measurements?

Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some dimension from you guys? I'm looking to build some side plates for my first RC project. The thing is I have nothing to go off of right now as far as what the measurements are on the average chassis for a super rig.
Stealthshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
ekd
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Could i get some measurements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthshooter View Post
Hey guys I was wondering if I could get some dimension from you guys? I'm looking to build some side plates for my first RC project. The thing is I have nothing to go off of right now as far as what the measurements are on the average chassis for a super rig.
I'm not sure if there is an "average" setup to go from here. There are templates out there, that might give you ideas, but you might have to find out what works for folks in your terrain and take the measurements directly.

I know this doesn't help, but unless there is a guru available in this area... it may be that you aren't being ignored, just that no one is comfortable saying they have your definitive answer.

I'd like to see figures on all the good chassis, but understand why their creators would want to keep that info to themselves until you buy.

Welcome to Supers! If you get started, and post pics, you'll get help here. I'll certainly try, and I'm not alone here.

Edit: If you want the #s from a Mad Torque, I'll dig up my TVPs and get 'em to you, pronto. Say the word.

Last edited by ekd; 08-05-2012 at 06:09 PM.
ekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #3

I'll echo ekd's thoughts, as well. Some general guidelines, if you plan to compete, are to keep the wheelbase just under 18" when the suspension is fully compressed (mine is 17-3/4") but no less than 16". Track width is a matter of personal preference, steering geometry, phase of the moon, etc., but is usually less than 15". After that, it all depends on whether you are making a bodied or bodiliess design, modding a stock machine or starting from scratch, suspension geometry, shafty or MOA, etc.

Take heart, except for the USRCCA Rules, there are no rules! So, let your immagination run wild. Experimenting, testing and learning is part of the fun!

If you want my FrankenCat chassis design, send me a PM and I'll send you my Sketchup files.
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

My project won't be in any competitions just something to keep the kids and I entertained. We have a ton of Lave rock reefs and deadfall trees to crawl. I just purchased a T1E super chassis to get me started but I really want to build my own. I'm going to build as much of this project as possible. My CNC router is just begging for something to cut!! I also want this thing to be a Monster!! I'm looking to run 8-9" tires on her and I would really like to run a home made 4.5-5" wheel. The only problem I'm running into is figuring out how to get the correct sidewalls at those measurements but I'm sure it's going to be a matter of trial and error. Any help you guys are willing to give would be GREAT!!

Oh and I'm planning on running Super Bully axles.

Last edited by Stealthshooter; 08-06-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 07:36 AM   #5

For tire/wheel advice, check out the tire thread. 'Sounds like a fun build - post pictures as you go.
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Thanks much man! I found a video on youtube also. It looks like there are several ways to do it. What is your fav way? I'll be using 6" rims and I'm wanting a 8.5-9" tire.

Could i get some measurements? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
measurements. tcw0409 Axial Wraith 5 08-16-2011 03:38 PM
help with measurements please clodstall Chit Chat 3 07-11-2007 05:15 PM
need help with measurements... yzfrone Newbie General 2 02-21-2007 08:25 PM
Can someone take some measurements.. ThatKid General Scale Talk 5 02-03-2007 06:46 PM
Need some measurements trailduster79 Tamiya Clod Buster 4 12-18-2006 01:57 PM