Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Servo mounts (Booger style)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2004, 01:40 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Servo mounts (Booger style)

Ok, Booger is in stage 3 as we speak, with longer links being manufactured and a few things that were put off in the original build are being tidied up. Decided I want to do something to beef up my servo mounts. I have a 645 on the steel axle tube brace. Lots of people have had good luck with the brace not twisting. I am not one of those. My R and D will be to mount it in the same location but with no twist at all and will be of a simple bracket. (hopefully!!!!!!) I like to keep it mounted here because of the servos vulnerability to get smashed if mounted Mudcow style. Some steering links you guys are using are mounted towards the rear of the axle, but my link configuration does not allow this. Hopefully I will try to design this, where it can be used to allow for that type of servo mounting also. I notice when steering is locked one way, it actually tweaks the whole axle tube. I know that not alot of people havent broke parts because of this, but typical me has to redesign the wheel, so here it goes. I have done a few mock ups already, but I want to make it an easy piece to make, so I am still designing. Pics later.
willyrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Servo mounts (Booger style)

I didnt have good success mounting my servo on the steel brace like you have. It now works beautifully though. Al I did was add another screw right under the stocker on the axle tube. I just drilled and tapped a new hole under the stock one on the brace and did the same without tapping on the axle tube. I did however have to grind down the head of the lowe screw a bit to fit gight, but all in all it works great now. A lot simpler than your design IMHO.
mtdriver is offline   Reply With Quote