Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: First super cpe claw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 08:33 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default First super cpe claw

This is my first super build and ended up with the cpe claw since it came up as a good deal in trade . It is the claw chassis and links with clod axles that have thunder tech lockers, cpe adjustable motor mounts, 65 turn intergy motors, 7 tooth pinion front and rear (soon to change to a 9 tooth front), bearings and new stock gears, 1/4 scale servos mounted flat, intergy 12mm to 23mm adapters and extensions with rcd 40 series narrow mudslingers with narrow proline beadlock wheels. It has a moped esc for both motors right now and a y reverser harness for 4 wheel steering. (upgrading to 6 channel controller for duel esc/motor control 4 wheel independent steering and dig mode thru switch. Soon to come) My biggest draw back right now is tires so moab xls in my near future for the other proline 40 series beadlocks I already have. The mudslingers look cool but don't preform well but will keep for large scale project. Well let me know what you think.
Attached Images

62 bugzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2008, 08:45 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Hi I have a Claw to,I was just wondering by looking at your (pic) it looks like the Backbone goes over the top of the Chassis,if it dose what dose it do for it or is a Wad of Black tape.Jim

Last edited by 6x6bigdollars; 12-09-2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: had to add more on to the Question
6x6bigdollars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:03 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default I commented on your thread

I'm the one that commented on your thread about the mod to redce flex. Mine goes under like normal but it has velcro on top for the electronics and the black below is a 6 cell pack that is wrapped in electrical tape.I will keep an eye on your thread for sure for up coming mods.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Hi again I like the way the 1/4 scale are mounted,I was going to take mine off and put on 645 but the way your are mounted I think I will buy 2 more,put them on my Claw like you have them.By the way how dose that ESC work,I thinking about getting one from Brett.I think I like the way your Crawler sit to,it dosen't look like it is up in the air,boy do I have to do some changing around to do,Thankyou for putting up the (pic).Jim
Old 12-09-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default servos

If I were to do it again IO would use wider material for the top strap like 1" or 3/4" to hold it allittle better since there is alot of pressure there mine wiggle allittle. But I'm still very happy with them.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I bought 2 Chassis from Brett the First one is a 50/50 Chassis
and number 2 is the 60/40 Chassis,I'am going to start on the 60/40 Chassis with all the Alum updates,Gear,CVD axles front,rear,that will be Xmas to me and that way I can play with the 50/50 and then for my birthday I will get the rest for the 50/50 chassis,then I will be Broke for the rest of the year.Jim
Old 12-09-2008, 10:09 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Default cool

It's all good I'm broke too this economy sucks. I did 150,000 last year and 1/3 this year. Cool on the chassis and you'll have to post the whole build start to finish.