Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Help...Clod not working

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2004, 11:50 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Help...Clod not working

I bought a Clod off ebay and just got it today. put the wheels on it...hooked up the batteries and ....it just sits there and makes a lot of noise. So naturally I think well the batteries just need charging. I pull out the Pro Tech super charger and discharge the batteries to 2 amps and then charge them up. Funny it only took 5 min to charge the battery...seems to short but the charger instructions said to pull the battery when the meter read below 3 amps. put in the batteries...no go. I know the controller is sending signal because it moves the speed control arm and the servos. So then I discharge the battery again and this time I leave it on the charger for 15 min just see if it was that. Same thing, makes a lot of noise but wont move. If I pick up the car the tire will spin like they should. I does seem like some spin faster than others...and sometimes one doesn't move right away.

Are my batteries the issue...am I not charging long enough?? They are 7500's thats all I know about them. are the motors bad on my Clod? Any help would be greatly appreciated
TJeeperMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2004, 11:07 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Help...Clod not working

Sounds like your batteries are false peaking. I don't know if those 7500s are compatable with all chargers. You charger might just not be able to charge them properly, or the battery could be dead.
Clod_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:13 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

What kind of noise is the truck making?

Check and clean the speed controll use and eraser or lightly sand the contact surface....better yet dump the mechanical speed controll and get a decent esc.

Check the batteries. They could verry well be bad. Pick up some fresh packs.
Check all the wires/connections, in the world of R/C I have seen some of the crappist solder jobs ever.

If worst comes to worst pull the gear boxs apart and inspect the gears. If they look good then its a good time to lock them up while you got it apart.
nktrnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:59 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

It makes a loud winding sound...I think its coming from the motors because I can see them lighing up inside. They guy I bought the clod from gave me the charger so Its got to be the right one. He also claims that he played with it just before he put it in the box so it should work.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:25 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Try pulling the motors out and check if the pinions are screwed on good.
nktrnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 09:50 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJeeperMan
They guy I bought the clod from gave me the charger so Its got to be the right one.

NEVER TRUE!!!!
Krod_Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2004, 02:08 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Well I found out my problem....I feel like a huge dumbass but it was the way I put the tires on. Me being a newbie thought the studded side went out to give it the lug nut look. Yep, I was wrong. Flipped the tires around and it works like a champ.
Old 09-28-2004, 05:32 PM   #8

live and learn...
ricerboyghost is offline   Reply With Quote