Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Bulding My Super Class

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Cool Bulding My Super Class

Hey guys, ive been building a super class crawler out of a nikko, it is the thor rc car from the 1990's just with an avalanche body haha! and im dying to share it with yall , i chose clodbuster section for this kuz my nikko is the same size and nearly same chassis as a clod, so enjoy some of my photos and let me know what you think! ive had this car since i was 6, i got it from santa (lol i know ahha) my old mastiffs would chase it around our grassy, dirt filled yards, when the motor was rich and fast, now its worn out, after if say one year of playing with it, it went in the garage, untouched for 2 years, then i got it down and played with it, customized it, and stuff, then threw it in the mud, and submerged it trying to kill er , now it still runs, like a real chevy , 2 years later i decide, hey im gonna turn it into a super class!.. i tried this once before, but i gave up and stuck er back together... so enjoy some of my photos of turnin it into a super class, ill keep yall upadated...

starting off with some photos before i tore out her guts

nice and shiny!

i removed the brush guard, makes it look more real

heres a little veiw of the body, sorry for the quality

heres a photo of when i tried to kill her, i also have a video of it on my youtube accound, PM me if you wanna know lol!

LETS GET TO DA KILLIN!

heres a veiw of the chassis, inside

removing both front and rear axles

heres how big the tires are fyi

quick veiw of inside the axles,

some leftover parts, ill either chunk, of throw in the attic JIC!

some random pic

gettin to the good stuff!!! ive decided to do the stick chassis, the articulation is amazing, and i eliminate the need of shocks, TVP's chassis plates, and all sorts of craps, this is known as the backbone of the rc car.

im using the PVC as the stick..

a hole i tried to make a square ahah! i dint have a drill bit big enough for it ahahha!

inside the pipe LOL!

heres some more photos of the tires with more details

heres the length so far, pretty big!

my very tough servo, too bad it wont fit any esc, ill probably sell it on ebay or on RCCRAWLER for sale section ahah! its very strong

heres the height of the rig

now i can overcome a soda can!

thats all for now guys, ill keep you updated, ill go to lowes tommorow and get 1 size up of PVc And attach them to the axles, so then ill be done with that, then all i need is the electronics, and i made some homemade links, i didnt take photos yet tho, so peace out, and heres my video the truck stock where it tried killing her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okQ4-qJNRk0

Last edited by shadowrejects; 08-20-2009 at 08:58 PM. Reason: messed up
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2009, 12:40 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Looks like the makings of a good project. I look forward to further pics.
DickyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

thats diffrent thats for sure!!!! keep the pics comming!!!
IWantATurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:16 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

thanks man!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

i will i still need to go to lowes lol
Old 03-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Exclamation Update

ok guys.. finally a dang update!! thew this rig in my garage and focused on my VXL! lol now time for an update!! ok... i dont got pics because these are my plans for the next week or month... haha.. ok ..

1. im going to ditch the gay plastic stick chassis and get a welder and some metal tubing and make a metal one.. so a roll over wont snap it to shreads...

2. im going to get another nikko thor and try to make this rig 4WS/AWS and use the thor. gears for my other axle... because mine only came with 1 set.. not 2.. so 4wd right now is impossible

3. im going to make this ready to drive.. so once i get my electrics im going to be ready to plug and play!! but thats going to be in awhile... right now im 14 and tight on money and my dad's helping me.. haha.. but i do already got a radio,, my blade cx2's 5 channel lp5dsm radio.. and a left over reciever from my rustler... ... all i need now is a dual motor esc.. perferably a mongoose

30$ for a seperate radio
60-70$ for a good esc
40$ for a spektrum reciever
60$ for 2 good crawlin motors... 540 motors!
50$ for a new nikko thor
20$ for metal pipeing
30$ for a high torque servo

total amount of money to end this project: 295$!

but it will be well spent

i hope to get done before november.. or maybe december.. because im saving up for a scx10 .. i need some opinions.. scx10 or finish my super class? thanks guys!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

oh and another update: i painted my body black!! !
Old 04-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #8

way to strike out on your own path. it will be sweet to see it go the first time!
bigd003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd003 View Post
way to strike out on your own path. it will be sweet to see it go the first time!

thanks for the comment bro haha i cant wait either... all my life i wanted a crawler that could literally climb up my stairs.. haha this is hopefully going to sucede!! haha my stairs are HUGE 12 foot tall 12 foot long haha