Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Bullhead Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 09:56 AM   #1

Talking Bullhead Build

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum.. I pulled my old Bullhead out of the basement and started to rebuild, and I'm interested in trying to relocate the axles further away from the chassis, but don't want to get into the crazy (expensive!) full on rock crawling gear (at least not this week ). Any suggestions for ways to extend the wheelbase on the cheap? I figure there has to be an easy way to just move the mounting points outward 1/2" to an inch. I'm also going to make my own lift plates for the shock mounts. I want a little bit of articulation, and a bit of actual movement from the suspension. I'd also like to know if there are any cheap tricks to increase the amount of space the axles have to move around under the stock chassis? I'm ok with doing some fabrication, so if I need to make plates or even have some small parts machined, I'm game. I want to keep the look as close to stock as possible, just want to enhance the performance while driving over curbs.

About my build:
Found the stock body still unpainted, have started a candy apple red paint job, still have all of the factory chrome (except the front bumper and body mounts which I broke, so I'm waiting on shipping of some ebay parts to replace). I have picked up a used Futaba MC330 ESC, and have tossed in a Traxxas high torque servo for steering. I found a set of T-Maxx shocks on ebay as well. My original battery packs (17 years old!!) still work.. so I will still have the 6 minute run time, 20 minute charge time it always had... at least until I find a cheap peak charger so I can get that 5000mah nimh battery.
yvrbullhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
RCC Addict

good luck...i am doing the same thing....the Bullhead is coming out of the basement. Maybe its a new trend? lol . Depending on the timeframe the liftplates are coming off of mine next month..........going to a CPE chassis
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #3

Google found this for me:

http://myrcmt.com/review/briancpe/

This looks like exactly what I'm looking for.. any thoughts on what lengths I need to get my 4-link bars and servo links made up as?

Should I keep my 4 wheel steering?
yvrbullhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #4
RCC Addict

That write-up used our CPE-4L12 4-link kit. We also have matching steering link kits for either the stock or axle mounted servo setups. Thanks!
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote