Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Will there be a new NN chassis??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Will there be a new NN chassis??

Im selling off my AX-10 and finally decided to do something with my clod that has been sitting for 12 years now, and I guess I missed the NN chassis boat.

Im interested in the NN cus of the adjustable wheelbase, especially the 17inch part, and that it came with all the links and steering parts to boot. So did they discontinue it cus a newer version is being worked on, or is it just dunzo all together? I've found some used rigs for sale that have the NN chassis here and there and have that option atleast if I want, but I'd rather buy something new and use my pre made clod axles that I have and make it myself.

So if I cant buy the NN new, is the SW my next best option or is it an even better option? Does it offer the same adjustable wheelbase option?

I just wanna leave the small 2.2 types behind and have a huge crawler that can tackle stuff outside and I feel like my balloon has been popped even before it got off the ground...

Thanks in advance for any advice on my questions,
Chip
Revo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2009, 07:03 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The NN chassis from my talks with Kevin at TCS is done.
With the big decline in super over the past couple of years the demand was just not there to keep producing them.
Your best bet is to buy a used rig with a nn or a CFNN chassis.

I have a felling that with the introduction of the Super Bully axles Super will pick back up but only time will tell.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:10 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Gotcha, thanks for the input mangg.

Its too bad, but atleast I have options to fall back on.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I feel your pain. I saw some CFNN vids on youtube (been researching for my own super) and was like thats the chassis I wanna get. Then I found out was dicontinued...DOH. Boourns.

Now I'm thinking of doing my own tuber.

Hopefully cuz supers are picking back up maybe they will start to start up production again.
Superfubario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I think you can get the same thing out of the Bender SW2 chassis for the clod... its basically the same setup I guess... just not a complete package like the CFNN, but it does include the upper links in one of their packages.

Then you just gotta find the lower links and steering stuff and it might be a better setup in the long run, just more or a process rounding up the loose ends that the NN took care of.

good luck with yours!
Old 10-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

Cool Ill take a look at the bender. Thx for the info. Good luck with yours too!
Old 10-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #7
RCC Addict

the sw2 is a great option . i have had both the sw2 cfnn and now the super beetlejuice from krawlfreak. the superjuice is the best super chassis i have ever used. this is only my opinion the nn was awesome. i only sold it because money was more than tight at the time. looks like your doing your homework. welcome to supers there isnt a better class to drive good luck
BILLYGOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:26 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Well I did happn to find myself a great pre-built and in RTR condition nn chassis with the works! yay. And the only thing I really feel id wanna upgrade would be the axles and those super bully sets are Awesome, and the optional 1/4scale servo mounts, whooo boy. Primo stuff. Thanks for the tip Joe! and to you too, Billygoat... nice to hear the vets say ya know what your are talk'n bout.

But most importantly... to SuperFubario... If you are still interested, I think I found a nn chassis for you with steering links!!
Check your pm.

I'll post up some pics when I get my new, Used, rig.
Lets the Games begin, buhahahaha
Old 10-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Nice cant wait to see it. And thanks again for the thought. Like I said I already got my brake line and have started cutting and bending. Hopefully its doesnt look like a turd on wheels when Im done lol.

Post pics when you get her.