Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: what's it worth?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default what's it worth?

so i have this super clod, and need some cash for my jeep. it has the cfnn, tmaxx bb shocks, new clod axles with ttr lockers,integy lathes, adjustable motor mounts, 8t pinions, punk r/c dig, axial 40's black chrome beadlocks with moab 40's, integy wideners, 1/4 servos on custom mounts (fit tight but looks clean). would 500 bones be reasonable? it is immaculate, as it was only test run in my living room. hate to sell, but won't give it away either. just wonderin...
doomdog666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

well we would need to see some pics or a vid first
Losi man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:22 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

yeah, shoulda done that first, but i guess i pulled a newb posting and was just feeling out the market if it would sell quick. hope to have pics later...
Old 11-12-2009, 01:32 AM   #4
Who's your Daddy-0!

Pict's will help like they said. The CCNN plates were only like $15 more than the aluminum NN plates. I think $500 is high from what your describing. It's a pretty stock Clod based super really. Selling it the way you have it now I would say your looking at about $300 maybe.

You might do better to part it out. Servos, Punk, wheels and tires together, chassis, axles, lockers, wideners, motors, motor mounts, and pinions.

Punk-$50-60
Wheels & Tires-$60-70
Chassis w links-$80ish
Axles-$60-70 (Because they are stock)
Lockers-$20 each
Wideners-$20-30
Motors (Depends on turns)-$40
Motor Mounts-$20
Pinions-$15
Servo's (Depends on what kind)-$?

That would get you $375-400 maybe? But as a whole I really doubt you will get $500 with no ESC, RX, BEC, Battery.

There is a Hustler Super roller in the FS forum 2 days ago with semi built clod axles, adj motor mounts, same wheel and tire combo as yours, Hustler Super chassis with links for $200 shipped!

I base what I'm telling you on what I buy eveyday on here, and that is a lot! Ask anyone! But you never know? I've seen $300 rigs sell for $1000 and I've seen $1000 rigs sell for $300! Just depends on what someone wants and how bad they want it!

But from what you have described I will stick to $300'ish as a roller
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

yeah, it looks like i'll just keep it and enjoy it some. it was started as a budget build, so it makes sense that it would sell for that. honestly, it is too studly lookin to give away. but thanks for the honest reply, it made me appreciate it alot more for what it is. THANKS!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
R.I.P. Chip

I sold one a lot more built than yours lastweek for $350
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
Who's your Daddy-0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomdog666 View Post
yeah, it looks like i'll just keep it and enjoy it some. it was started as a budget build, so it makes sense that it would sell for that. honestly, it is too studly lookin to give away. but thanks for the honest reply, it made me appreciate it alot more for what it is. THANKS!!!
Sometimes that is the best thing to do. On the other hand there is 2 things you could do.

1) Trade up. By this I mean find someone who want's a Super that will trade you for something you need. A lot of times you can come out ahead that way.

2) It may sound crazy but dump more $ into it! By beefing up the axles with some aluminum parts, putting some good wheels and tires on it (what you have is good, I mean like 115mm wheels and some Panthers.), put a ESC and some good servos in there and make it ARTR. You will get it sold and make some $.

You can pick up all of what of need for pretty cheap. It may take a little while but it can pay off if you play your card right

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
I sold one a lot more built than yours lastweek for $350
Yes you did! But that was a "Quick Sell" to fund a new project. You could have got a lot more if you wanted! But your just a good guy that hooked someone up!:-P
TattooKenny is offline   Reply With Quote