Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: anyone try INTEGY chassis??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #1

Default anyone try INTEGY chassis??

Has anyone tried this INTEGY evo chassis for the clod & if so any repots & pics would be appreciated.. Thanks

http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...37&p_catid=107
ratpower396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Thats way too expensive for a chassis and plus...your talking about Integy here.....not the best quality. You can get a REALLY nice setup for 200 bucks. I say make your own chassis or get a used one...and big bore traxxas shocks and your choice of axles (since you posted in the Clod forum...i think you got the axles figured out)
ToTheMAXXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:05 AM   #3

found the same setup as the website for $100 so just curious if it was worth it..
Old 01-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #4

NO NO NO NO
dont do it.....i got one of the integy chassis(not the same one you are looking at) it was horrible....do some shopping around and buy something good....i ended up using a stock ax10 chassis for my clodbuster axles and it works good
ON THE ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That chassis is a total and complete waste of perfectly good aluminum and graphite.

I had one of the previous versions of it that I got too cheap not to buy - ended up cutting it up to make brazing jigs out of
Nate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #6

on the rocks got any pics of the ax10 chassis & clod axles???
Old 01-29-2010, 04:52 AM   #7

I don't have this exact chassis but I can tell you this, there are a lot of integy haters around. Think of it like Walmart & Microsoft there are just too many little guys and consumers going after the bigger companies, ppl can come up with a thousand reason why you should not buy from Walmart. Another ten people here probably want to jump me and say they used integy stuff and suck for a fact blah blah. I only speak from my own experience they make pretty decent stuffs for the price but just like anything else, you look hard enough and you'll find something better. By the way, I'm a patriot and let's make sure everyone buy a Ford, no Toyota j/k I drive an 09 Tundra.

Last edited by Henry325; 01-29-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Henry325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #8

i do have some pics of the ax10 with the clod axles.....let me find them and i will post them up
Old 02-01-2010, 12:42 PM   #9

thanks would be appreciated
Old 02-01-2010, 12:49 PM   #10

here is one pic of it wit the body on.. I have more at home and will post them when i get home
clod axles
ax10 chassis
wheely kig shocks
imex rubicon soft tires
integy 65 turn motors
Old 03-04-2010, 08:04 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON THE ROCKS View Post
NO NO NO NO
dont do it.....i got one of the integy chassis(not the same one you are looking at) it was horrible....do some shopping around and buy something good....i ended up using a stock ax10 chassis for my clodbuster axles and it works good
___ I'd like to see some pic's of how ya' did that using an AX-10 chassis,...please.
scootertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #12

I spotted the Integy EVO kit as you mentioned on ebay for $99. Since my main truck will be the TXT-1 that I am currently building, I couldn't see a reason not to buy the EVO kit to use with my clod axles. I plan to use this as a beater truck, no crawler.

The carbon fiber chassis plates are actually a clone of my tamiya lightweight TXT-1 chassis, only slightly shorter in length. In fact, I was surprized to see that the TXT-1 tranny would fit the mounting holes on the carbon fiber chassis.

The kit also came with link bars, steering links and rod ends. They look to be useable and well made for what I need. I will not be using the two nylon upper center link mounts as I have the aluminum Integy version.

The shocks are decent, wish they had aluminum cap ends instead of plastic. I like the complete set of shock mounts (4 that attach to the link bars and 4 that attach to the chassis).

What I hate about the kit:
The chassis support bars are plain weird! Instead of a straight piece of aluminum, they sculpted them. I will be machining them on the lathe or make new ones like the TXT-1 uses. Also, I do not like the anodized blue, clashes with my color scheme. There is a battery tray or whatever it is? I will not be using that either! No instructions telling you how everything goes together. Some of the items were confusing as to how to mount them and I am usually real good with building with no instructions. I wasn't sure where to put the body posts or what the four 1" aluminum spacers were used for?

I will post pictures as I get close to finishing the axles.

Last edited by mavrim; 03-04-2010 at 03:37 PM.
mavrim is offline   Reply With Quote