Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Yahoo, got my V2 chassis' today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2004, 07:31 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Yahoo, got my V2 chassis' today

The V2 chassis is very impressive. I would like to commend UTRCRC on a job well done.

Now that I have the chassis and four stock T-MAXX shocks I need to concentrate on getting axels. My idea for this (after the many posts that I have read) is to buy a clod kit and keep the axels, maybe the tires and rims (although I do not like the chrome rims) and sell everything else.

As far as motors go, I can't really decide which one to get so my plan is to get a pair of mayhems and a pair of lathe motors. I will be trying out different combination of 9t and 10t pinions on these two motors. I have read so many pros and cons to these two motors that I have decided just to try them out for my self.

Any ideas on my plan or where I should go from here would be greatly appreciated.
Distressed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2004, 07:56 PM   #2
bendforthebone

Default Re: Yahoo, got my V2 chassis' today

For motors i would get lathe motors and 9 t00th pinions. I am doing that setup and i will soon have a writ up on it.
badtodabone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:50 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

cool thanks, I would like to read it. I believe that I have read other reviews about those motors on 9t pinion but the more reviews the better.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:53 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Hey what's up! Congrats on the chassis!

You outta come down to TX sometime and crawl with us. We're in the DFW area. We're having a get together/comp on November 6. Where in OK are you?

If you're looking for axles you should send T-man a PM, he's got some clod axles for sale in good shape.
cman_1500w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:55 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

that would be cool to go crawl with yall but the chassis is all I have right now and I probably wont be getting done with the crawler for a couple months. need to save money. the reason for buying the kit to get axels is that if need be i can use the stock motors and tires for a while.

P.S. I'm in the Tulsa area
Old 10-21-2004, 09:06 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Congrads on the new chassis they are a nice set up. I run the Lathe motors with my adjustable motor mounts and 9 tooth pinions and It works great. Let me know if you need any help. Cant wait to see your crawler after it is set up.
BLADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:45 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

hey Blade, let me get my money sorted and I have been watching your e-bay listings and also i'm still looking at getting the steering setup from you
Old 10-22-2004, 09:06 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

If money is that tight just snag some axles I bet you could find some between $75 - 100. You will probably get motors with that.

Then you can put that next $150 towards ESC and servos.

Some people are trying some bluebird servos ......I think thats the name.....that are like $25 and 175 oz torque. But wait for some reviews to come back on those.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:12 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

I loaned money to a buddy to get the v2 chassis. When he pays me back then I will have enough to buy the clod kit which i think is the better deal cause i can use the tires and motors then sell the rest on e-bay

as far as the bluebird servo goes i only saw one post about them and the guy burned both up but yes I am waiting for more reviews
Old 10-22-2004, 09:30 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I think you be unsatisfied with the motors, tires and wheels.

You will never get $150-175 dollars for the rest of the clod parts.

Trying looking for some axles........I bet you find some for less than $100 and get motors or wheels with them.

I also bet you won't use the stock motors and tire more than a month.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:06 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Distressed,

Let me know what you need help with. I have motor mounts selling on ebay but if you dont want to wait or go through ebay you can just get them direct from me. And I just got my steering set up figured out and complete I will have pics of them in the next couple days I will email them to you I got them finished along with my chassis that is finally ready to sell.
I would buy a used Clod on ebay you will get tires motors and everything for a good price and then sell what you dont use I have done that with 2 clods and it has worked out great otherwise I have a set of clod tires and a set of motors that I will sell to you cheap if you find you a good set of just the axles.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:49 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Blade send me pics of your steering setup and if u have a pic of it installed I would really like to see that. I will keep looking around for best deal on clod (axels).
Old 10-22-2004, 11:48 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I will get you some pics in the next few days. Good luck with the chassis.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:13 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

hey Blade send me pics. As far as motor,tires and rims go I do not like the chrome rims that come with the super clod kit and I probably won't run the motors or tires either. But since I can get the super clod kit shipped for 190 nib it's just hard to pay around 150 for just axles plus I would get a book with the clod kit that would help with part numbers and building axles. I have looked on the junkyard and they want like 130 for used axles w/o bearings up to 170 with bearings. as far as e-bay goes i am watching some auctions right now.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:21 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Sounds good just keep an I on some of those auctions. I will be setting my steering setup today so I will be able to get some photos soon. How does your friend like his new chassis?
Old 10-23-2004, 09:41 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I have not given it to him today. Supposed to get hooked up with him tomarrow.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:58 AM   #17
I wanna be Dave

I got one on ebay for 80 with stock motors no bearings. I don't know if you "need" them are not. Sounds like a good poll question!
Old 10-23-2004, 10:17 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

I am watching these axles but not sure if it is a good deal, I beleive it could be.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...73470&rd=1
Old 10-23-2004, 11:03 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Tulsa - your the closet crawler to me I have seen. We will have to get together some time I am in SW Missouri, 20M south of Joplin.
jeep_boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 11:50 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

that sounds cool. may be awhile before my crawler is done. Have you heard about the new race track that is here? not sure if you would be interested but i will post link for everyone to see. this track want to hold a national event next year. it boasts that they are the biggest track in the U.S. offroad course is like 250 ft long and the dirt oval has 100 ft straights. i could be off a little on measurements but check this out

http://tulsaracing.net/phpBB2/

hoping that me and a buddy of mine will get more in the area into crawling and maybe setting something up at this track