Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Slyther The Clod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2004, 03:18 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Slyther The Clod

I never thought I'd see the day when I started putting together my very own Clod. It's actually painful as I work, putting it together and realizing that I am missing a tranny and driveshafts. I am really only in the beginning stages, as I've been collecting parts for some time. I will have pictures up by next week of Slyther's progress. Since I don't have pics, I will at least tell what I am using:
V2 chasis 16 inch WB(of course!) If you are using anything but a V2....you should give up rc crawling all together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shaved Clod Axles
Integy 55 Turns
Modified IMEX "Crawers" mounted on "SuperNarrowed" Clod wheels
and of course...there will be more innovative creations as I plunge into the world of SHAFTILESSNESS!!!!!!!!!

See you at the next Comp, SUCKERS!

The ClodFather Digler
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2004, 03:32 PM   #2
Ace
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Slyther The Clod

Just when I think I have you pegged you go and do something smart!
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:35 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

So, hell finally froze over.
NeoSlayer888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 03:50 PM   #4
PapaGriz Yo

You finally woke up and smelled the bacon huh?
Maybe now that the almighty Digler is involved, the Clod world will see the quantum leaps that the shafty world has. All hail Dirk and Slyther!

I caint wait to see what you come up with, I'm sure it will be awesome. And with the V2 chassis it's hard to NOT build an assekicker. However I fully plan to kick yer butt at the next comp anyway. Sucka!
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:05 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Thank Ace!

Griz: I was going to use the Grizzly OffRoad Clod Chasis but I heard that it was just too expensive!

I was also going to contact Ace and use some of his ideas but I was afraid that he would want to make my clod the first to fly or to have it transform into some kind of a robotic chess playing rock crawler that turns into a slinky so kids could play with it after the competition.
talk about revolutionizing the rc world!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2004, 04:08 PM   #6
MODERATOR™

The Darkside grows stronger... sigh...

It seems inevitable.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:14 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Just so you all know. This is in no way a sign of weekness of the shaftie world. I honesly think that my new TXT based truck will do as well or out do the best of clods! I really, really believe that!. .....and we'll see very soon at the next comp. I'm building a clod because I want to have one of "each". XFactor (wide) based truck / TXT (narrow) based truck / Clod Based Truck
I guess the only one left is a Maxx based rig!
Once I have them all, I'll be able to put them all head to head, making for very unbiased articles and opinions. I'm excited about building the Clod and I look forward to seeing if it can really perform the way i hope.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:40 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Well, if the clod bug gets to ya too badly, you can alwyas start pawning off your Shafty parts to me! Since I seem to be holding down the fort for CO based Shafty crawlers!

Mine needs some new shocks and in new locations. 3 days at the FlatIrons has busted up 2 spring retainers, and I am just tired of the canti's. Savage shocks meet TXT. The savages are going on cause that is what I got for free, damnit.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote