Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: do you think

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2004, 10:53 PM   #1

Default do you think

a novak XRS (15 turn limit) could power a clod running in series with stock cans?
akhoundog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2004, 01:38 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: do you think

The stock motors are 27turn you should be OK. I would run them in parallel though. That ESC should be able to handle it. Just keep an eye on the ESC temp the first time you run it. If it gets insanly hot, Don't run it anymore. But I suspect it will be fine. I have run two stock motors off a EXPLORER 2 before and it was fine.
Jam1sstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2004, 09:52 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: do you think

here is a rule for series and parallel wiring so you can figure it out.

For series: Motors in series put the same load on the speed control as the total number of turns in both motors. For example if you run 8 turn motors the speed control will think its driving a 16 turn motor.

For parallel: Motors in parallel double the load on the speed control. For this reason you should not run motors with fewer turns than are available in a single motor. For example you have a limit of 15T on your speed controll so 15X2=30T so according to this you shouldn't run anything less than a 30T. You will be overclocking the speed controll with 27T motors but it should handle it no problem just watch temps untill you figure out if it will or not since how you drive affects that stuff also.

Hope this helped. And no Im not going to take credit for that. That is copied out of my super rooster setups/recommendations. I trust Novak over word of mouth, since word of mouth fryed my no motor limit speed controll once (melted and everything).
MOTORRAD is offline   Reply With Quote