Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: First time crawler builder and want to do it right

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 10:56 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default First time crawler builder and want to do it right

I have had the real thing and have a e maxx 4x4 slash and 2wd slash and a old clodbuster. The clodbuster my grandpa left me before he passed away. I would like to build a crawler out of it the frame is already broken on it. I am doing a lot of reading on it and it seems the chasis can make or break it. As i know from the real thing the less moving parts the better. I came across a stick chassie i like the idea of don't know how it would work. I have some stuff laying around to help with the build. i have a spectrum 2.4 ghz 4 wheel steer controller a superduty speed controller a set of axial bead locks and tires and 2 traxas 2075 servos. I am going to lock the diffs with jb weld. Here is a few thing i have questions about.

1 what is the best way to get the axial wheels adapted to the clod axles. I would like some way to widen them at the same time.

2 What chassis to go with i don't want to spend a lot on this project i live in IL it is flat hear lol I thought about building my own.

3 What is the vest way to mount the servos to the avles is there a bracket out there?

3 What is the best motors to use with the superduty speed controller?
coryjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links