Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: clod lockers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #1

Default clod lockers

Hello all! This is my first time posting. I have a stock bullhead, I was going to make it into a crawler with a clodzilla 4 but then changed my mind and went back to stock cause I really like the look!Here is the question I locked the spider gears and ground down the bump stops on the steering knuckes and I can't keep this thing straight for the life of me. I'm running two servo's on custom brackets everything is lined up and no binding, so is it because I locked the gears that it won't stay straight or a combo of both? Thanks I will have to learn how to add pics.
Also I'm running midnight 2 pro motors I think they are 27 turns like the stock ones, super rooster esp 5000 mah 9.6

Last edited by lilbullie; 01-03-2011 at 01:59 PM. Reason: bad spelling
lilbullie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2011, 11:24 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

the locked rear isnt helping it any but from my experience these trucks at any decent speed for them dont like to go staight. mine running on 8.4v with dual 13x2t's with a locked rear goes straighter than it used to once i dialed in some toe-in on the front and rear
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 02:19 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Is it when you run it on flat ground or on the rocks. If its on the flat ground, may be you should take out the rear steering.
fasa_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Just like the onroad and offroad racing guys do, dial in some toe in the front and rear. Look at the back of a 1/8 buggy for example, lots of toe in keeps it from getting out of line at speed. You may have to play around with the front and rear to see what works best.
Steve
STJ7780 is offline   Reply With Quote