Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #1

Default tires

Thinking about cutting down a set of tires from my clod i just built i have extenders on the wheels. how ever i was thinking about cutting the wheel down to fit a pair of 30 series tires. has any one done this and should i or leave the tires that came with the clod kit alone. any suggestions
Jeckel4438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2011, 10:33 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

The tires that you refer to are the stock tires correct? I myself have run the stock tires for a very long time. They are not a soft compound tire as some of the other tires that are out there. Just made to drive around in the grass or small obstacles. Heck, they don't even have foam in the wheels on mine and the tires never run flat. I have ran mine since 2003 and they just are not made for crawling. A narrower tire puts less strain on your servos as well. After taking a trip to a rock crawl comp in Galveston , Texas this weekend me and my buddy plan on building some tires ourselves like we saw. Narrow, lightweight, but stick to rocks well.

Stock tires are just for running round the yard in my opinion.
Rok Krawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:43 AM   #3

Default no longer stock

I agree there is no foam in these and i have had these tires for several years more than 10 most likely. how ever i didnt get much response so i cut the out sides of the rims off and took about 1 and 1/2 off the tires and then inserted foam from a 30 series tire and re mounted on the rim i think they look really good. and the side walls are so much stiffer now i hope they work well. ill add some picks in here
Old 05-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #4

Default my cold

here is a pic of my clod with the tires narrowed down
Attached Images

Old 06-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #5

Default they work

just made set four my stick, 55 bux for 8 rover 2.2 tires and 30 bux four exceed 1/8 maxstone tires big side wall. they are full 8 inch. best upgrade by far clim straght up a wall now, befor couldnt thing of that.
damage 101 is offline   Reply With Quote