Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Some clodzilla IV Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2006, 01:39 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Some clodzilla IV Questions

Hey everyone I have some Clodzilla IV questions.

1. Whats its intended use ?
2. Does it really have 10" of suspension travel ?
3.^^^ Got pics of it full compressed ?
4. How good of a crawler chassis is this ?
5. Has anyone adapted this to a crawler ?
6.^^^ Got pics or thread ?
7. Got some clodzilla IV pics crawling ?
joshm101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2006, 03:06 AM   #2
Landy mad

Some posts for you

my clodzilla 4 rockcrawler

My ESP CLodzilla IV

I you put clodzilla in the search box there's about two pages of posts. Not all IV's mind but you might find some more.

I've not owned one so wouldn't like to pass comment.
wallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Hmmm thanks for those links wallaz. But thats not really what im looking for. I need one of the buildup of a modified one
joshm101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:39 PM   #4

I have a clodzilla-IV. it does have plenty of articulation it thats what you mean by suspension travel?? To make it simple I can lift the front wheel up about 8" until any other wheel comes off the ground, Its about 80 Degrees of travel. I originally got mine to use as a crawler, and I beleave with "soft" suspension and locked diffs it would meake a good crawler. I have seen guys remove the hole centerleaver...(not sure if i speld that right) suspension set up and just attach the upper part of the shocks to the chassis rails and the bottom to the lower link or directly to the axles. I think that mod would make it evens better at crawling. The clodzilla-IV was originally designed as a race chassis set up for the clodbuster. I use mine as a basher with stock can motors and 10 cells and i love it. My Gecko-2 is my crawler. I would say that the clodzilla-IV in its stock form with the axles locked would make a good crawler, the only reason I didnt use it as a crawler is because when i threw the 10 cells in it and lowered it by attaching the lower part of the shocks to the lower link attachement It was just awsome as a basher so i just kept it that way.

Nino
RC-SUPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #5

I personally don't have a clod IV, but you may want to contact Jevyguy. I know that he has changed his setup completely from what it originally was.
Ryankx250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:23 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I have a Clodzilla IV chassis that I bought some years ago, well before I was hipped to this rock-crawling. I liked it, but I think there are better setups for crawling. If you already have the kit you can modify it, but if you don't have it already don't waste your time. It's heavy and you'd spend just as much in modifying it as you could to buy a better setup. To modify it I did eliminate the the cantilever suspension and switched it to a four link-it provides a little more articulation and reduces weight. I had to buy the top post and lower links and make custom spacers in order to make it work. It was cheaper for me at the time since I already had the chassis, but if you can avoid it do yourself a favor. I'm looking at making a custom chassis and setting my 'zilla aside. I have a couple pics to share, not the best but they kind of show what I did. Hope this helps.
Attached Images

Last edited by Nicklepimp; 05-04-2006 at 07:28 AM.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:35 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

It is a pretty easy conversion but will consume some time, but I love how mine works. I don't think that it is too heavy either, and besides all clods are tanks anyway..

I bought mine in 2001 as a clodzilla IV kit and totally loved it until I got around others with stretched out clods. So I built longer links, new link mounts, servo mounts and played around with the setup and and totally love it. My Bro. in law and I both have stretched out clods running the IV chassis and I personally believe that it is just as capable as any other chassis. As far as it having 10" of travel is another story because mine sure didn't, and FYI having more travel isn't always a good thing
Send me a personal message and an email address if you would like to see some better pics, and if you really wanted I could make you the links for cheep too.
jevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:12 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

are you sure your not talking about http://www.rokzilla.com/ not the clodzilla 4
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:03 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Yes. ESP makes a clodzilla IV chassis too.
jevyguy is offline   Reply With Quote