Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: My first build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2006, 11:56 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My first build

Well I fell upon this site a little while ago, then bought myself a used clod that was built pretty good. I used that clod to get an idea on how they work just by checking out the chasis and what not and just poking around this site. Since the Clod I bought had a 17" wheel base and I run Moabs on it now. I decided to build my own 2.2. It's nothing super impressive but I don't think it is half bad since it is my first. The chasis I built isn't the best but articulates good enough. The only problem is the shocks I am using now. They are too stiff. They are take offs from my Jato. Well I guess I will show the pics now and let you guys tell me what I should do different and maybe suggest some shocks to use that will allow a softer suspension.

Specs.

New Axels locked with the JB weld full ball bearing
Super Rooster.
TQ3 with Steering mod (might switch to my M8/spektrum Controller wich works great on the 3rd channel twist nob)
55t lathe motors 12t pinons
645's

Pic of First Clod that I bought

Pic Of Clod with my Revo and a F650 I painted for no reason

Pic of the Work Desk

Now pics of the 2.2 I am building. I am waiting for my advanced knuckles. once those are on I will run some 2k mashers or I have some 2.2 moabs sitting on the shelf.

I have more pics but don't feel like I need to post them. If you guys see something you would like to see more closely I can take a pic and post it.

Thanks for the constructive Critisism(sp) guys. Anything can Help with my first build. Another thing to mention is that I really don't want to cut the Rubi body up too much cause I like the scaleness it has.

Thanks again guys.
nandez11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Well I ditched the Jato Shocks, They were crap. I bought some MGT resevoir shocks they seem to work pretty dang good. I am pretty much just waiting for my RC4WD Servo mounts and it is done. They should be here tomorrow. I have a Set of Moabs that I am cutting some Pede rims down for. The rim cutting a pretty interesting thing. I want to try to diey the pede rims black when I am donw Norrowing them.

Don't be affraid to comment guys.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:27 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Looks good, what seems to be the problem w/ the REVO shocks? Other than being a bit to short? :?
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 01:10 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan
Looks good, what seems to be the problem w/ the REVO shocks? Other than being a bit to short? :?
they were Jato shocks. they were too short and stiff. Didn't allow much flex. I bet the revo shocks would have been better then the stock jatos. Oh well. I was trying to pinch pennys here and there on this build. Just trying to make a good 2.2 for the price.