Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: 1/6 Nylint Tiers On Clod

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2006, 08:54 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation 1/6 Nylint Tiers On Clod

HEY guys im going to build me a stick clod next week does any body run 1/6 nylint wheels and tiers on their rigs how do thay prefourm ? and what mods to i have to do to run them ?
rockcrawler505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2006, 09:03 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

This should help.

Nylint 1/6th Wheels Pics
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:34 AM   #3
I joined the Band!

hi

have a look on my stick ;)

My hummer stick
fragman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:45 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

if you like zero traction nylint tires are for you.
Crawlsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 10:20 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I think the link Dez left for you answers your question about what you need to run them. Unfortunately I have to agree with Crawlsalot on the traction of these tires. I ran them on my stick for a while because I liked the scale look of them so much. I did a few soakings to get them somewhat sticky but it never lasted long at all. I say if looks is your only concern then by all means go with them but if you need a functional crawler they just aren't going to compete with a true crawling tire at all.
insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:19 PM   #6
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i like the nylints. there EXTREMELY scale looking, there beadlocks and they cost $5 for 4. u just cant beat that. but what i REALLY like is they FORCE you to be a very technical and skilled crawler. i hate watching these crawler vids of these guys and there moabs grabbing a hand full of throttle and just jumping and hoping all over the rocks and spinning the tires until they finally get lucky and jump over the rock. no skill or technical lines. or thought involved. the nylints (because they are somewhat hard and skinny) force you to slow down. choose your lines. and be a very technical and skilled driver. much more like real life.
u can always tell a good 1:1 crawler by weather or not they do "burnouts" over obsticals (although yes i admit it is neccesary occationally)
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:27 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I would agree. But the Nylints are just about useless in the slick rock crawling we do. Even the best driver can't over come the laws of physics.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:38 PM   #8
~THE SCALE SHOP~

good point. for slick round bolders and such i can see them being useless. point taken. here in texas all the rocks are jaged and rough. so with a well planed line, and SLOW wheel speed, u can go just about anywhere on them. although becuase of its weight loose steep inclines are pretty much impossible. but on rock itll go right up it.
i must say i like (i might get hated on here) my 1:6 nylint sqopion for the same reason. its heavy as HELL, top heavy, and with those tires it REALLY requires alot of skill (and teaches you to be skilled) and is a great teaching tool for those new to crawling. and even furthers skills of experienced crawlers.
Old 05-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #9
RCC Addict

This is just my opinion but I really don't think you have to reduce the level of performance of a crawler to improve your crawling skills rookie or not. If the course is too easy just find a harder one. There is always a very tough challenge out there for any crawler. Pick the toughest, nastiest lines possible wherever you run and you will improve.
insanerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 01:10 PM   #10
~THE SCALE SHOP~

o no i wasnt saying build a ****ty crawler or pick a easy line. im sorry may have not worded my self right. your statement is 100% accurate. as is mine. well im off to finished up my center section got the chassis plates all grinded down (welds) adn drilled all the mounting holes. gotta get my spacer tubes fabed up today.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:14 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

i just got myself into crawling ordered a clod and motors and some parts, will drive stock chassis for a month or so, but while i was waiting for the clod to arrive i bought a 1/6 nylint, it's awesome, i love the crawling ability for $50 toy, now i'am definetly hooked on crawling, can't wait for my clod to get here , i agree about the nylint tires on jagged rocks, they did pretty well, hopefully i will get better at crawling with my clod and the tires i will put on it, 7.7" fireball .
just my 2 cents
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote