Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: 4 Link Setup Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Question 4 Link Setup Help!

I recent got this set up (6 links!) from a trade, i want to change it into the 4 link set up for more articulation, right now i have like 30-40 degrees at most.

my question is, from this pic, can you guys tell if i should utilize some of the already drilled holes, or if and where i should drill new holes for the 4 link set up?

thanks in advance

Techball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2006, 07:02 PM   #2
RCC Addict

For starters, remove the sway bars currently pictured on the truck. You should be able to get at least decent articulation once you've done that witout re-drilling holes in the chassis. Take a look at others ESP Z3 crawlers and you should be able to get a lot of help from those photos.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

did a search here for the ESP Z3 crawlers,but did not find anything, anyone got a link?
Old 05-19-2006, 07:28 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

hard to tell from that pic but i would remove the sway bar as already stated then make the upper links go from where the bottom of the sway bay connected to the top mount of the upper link. If that makes sense :?
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

that is the way is it already set up, i want to make a upper mount(aluminum) and do the triangular set up, i got to get longer links,

i dont know who built the actual chasis, all i can say is the chassis is well built, but the cantilever shock position is awkward
Old 05-21-2006, 08:37 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

A better search would be for ESP ClodZilla 3. Looks like someone made thier own canti-lever kit. They even left the original lower shock mounts bolted to the axle braces. I liked mine until I started playing with the rocks. Not enough ground clearance.
Mriswith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 10:42 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

nice tires, take your cants off go to the venders market and buy some uper link mounts and you shude be set.
blazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 07:19 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Right now your rig is set up as a traditional monster truck and not as a rock crawler. As people said above, remove the sway bars and the entire cantalever setup. Get two upper link mounts. These attach to the big hole in the top, front of each gear case. Attach the shocks to the lower links and to the upper outer corners of your chassis. You'll probably need longer links, but that depends on how long you want the wheelbase to be. Good luck.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

got it started, ditch the cantilevers and im here...

Old 05-22-2006, 11:20 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

starting to look good remember keep it as simple as you can less things to break and on how long to make the links how long of a wheel base you want
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote