Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: How do you put on motor mounts??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default How do you put on motor mounts??

I bought some motor mounts from RC GUY and I cant figure out how I am going to get them on. When the nut is in the sleeve and the plate is tightened down on the motor the nut cant be moved. How can you get the motor mounted if you cant see the mounting plate nuts and the pinion mesh? I know they make transparent gear box covers but I have the stock black, I know almost everyone has some sort of adjustable mounts and yes I read the instructions but I am lost. Can someone help?
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2006, 05:34 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

check out this thread, dez really helped me out with the same problem, as for adjustment, there isn't really much you can do without the clear cover, just be careful
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4347797/tm.htm
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

file down the tops of the nuts a little then when you tighten the mounts to the motors they will slide a lot easier. I'm actually in the process of doing just that
winks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I just used a peice of clear tape to put over the gear mesh hole instead of the stock peice. This way I can set it up right and keep it clean. Its not like that little area EVER sees impact of any kind.
Ill probably make some clear covers out of lexan eventually.
CreativeSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 11:33 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the replies guys, I did take some thin washers and placed them between the plate and motor and It gives it just enough room to move the nuts. I know that they make clear covers but I will make some lexan covers instead. Now I have to figure out how I will be able to line the motor up while getting my gear mesh right.
One more question, I am using a pair of Fantom Monster 27 turn motors that are matched at 20,450 rpm. With a 9 tooth pinion will it produce enough torque or will I have to break down and buy lathe motors? I'll be running only one 3300 six cell pack.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote