Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Stick vs. NN

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Stick vs. NN

Done with my 2.2 Bender /TLT crawler and now I'm looking to do something clod based with more capabilities. Looking at the NN or the Stick. Can someone give me some pros and cons. I want to build something that's competition ready.
lowandslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2006, 04:27 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

What's the terrain you run on like? I run a CFNN, and it is very good. The biggest advantage I see the Stick having is that it has substantial center clearance without having a high CG. If you envision needing to go over a lot of steep break overs and such, I would go for the Stick. The NN easily works with standard stick packs which is a plus.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:30 PM   #3
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowandslow
Done with my 2.2 Bender /TLT crawler and now I'm looking to do something clod based with more capabilities. Looking at the NN or the Stick. Can someone give me some pros and cons. I want to build something that's competition ready.

Hands down I'd go with the stick if you want a comp rig. I have a stick and a plate chassis, and the stick is the comp rig. Only thing is, you might find it to capable. It's hard to find a challange for a stick. Just my .02
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:38 PM   #4
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
I want to build something that's competition ready.
For a dedicated comp rig, you can't beat the "Stick". My TCS "Stick" has carried me to a 1st or 2nd place finish in every comp I've entered this year. ;)
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 04:54 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR
For a dedicated comp rig, you can't beat the "Stick". My TCS "Stick" has carried me to a 1st or 2nd place finish in every comp I've entered this year. ;)
That's because we're taking it easy on you...

I have & I would get, the N.N.
It has more adj., 14" - 17"
The Stick is stuck at 16"

It is comp ready & can do every thing but, beat a Stick; With me driving... Yet!!!

Main drawbacks:

Need special batteries &
Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler
Only thing is, you might find it to capable. It's hard to find a challange for a stick;
JM.02

Last edited by raytard; 06-17-2006 at 02:35 AM.
raytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:29 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

I don't think you can go wrong w/ either chassis. The NN is more adjustable.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:46 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Thanks, interesting thoughts. I think maybe the NN is the way to go at first. Then if I wan't more I can move to a stick.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:51 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Check out The Crawler Store here in the vendors section. Lots of info there.
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:53 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Well I don't have either, But Like most have said the NN is more adjustable. I have also read that the stick doesn't track well. I don't know if thats true or not. I just read that on here somewhere. I would also think the NN would be stronger/tougher. Take rolls better. But on the other hand I have seen sticks climb some crazy stuff. Hell I don't know which one I would choose either.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:28 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Use the search button!
mt_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:59 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt_power
Use the search button!
This reallt isn't a search button question. It's more like flip a coin. Heads it's a Stick, tails it's a NN...............
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:56 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Why are people always so quick to say just use the search button? I guess if you search long enough you can find just about any answers you’d ever need. So I guess other than posting pics of your new crawler, no other new posts will ever be necessary.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I personally run the NN. I chose this chassis because I wanted to do a 2.2 clod with the ability to expand to unlimited later if I want. I also wanted something that was a little bit scale in appearance (I got hooked after seeing the blue 2.2 Rubicon on the TCS site), and I don't like the look of electronics out on the axles.

If your ultimate goal is to have the best possible comp rig, the Stick can't be beat. The CG advantages are awesome.

So I guess you need to evaluate what you want out of your crawler, then make a choice.

Todd
todd1803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #14
MODERATOR™

Quote:
I guess if you search long enough you can find just about any answers you’d ever need. So I guess other than posting pics of your new crawler, no other new posts will ever be necessary.
Exactly. Then the questions that are asked would only be questions not thought of before. New ideas maybe? Forward thinking, not round and round repetitiveness.

Wishful thinking.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:09 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Sure but I bet the forums would get pretty dead. Besides, some questions have been asked and answered long ago. Nothing wrong with getting fresh opinions. It's only a post in a hobby forum, not the end of the world if questions are repeted time to time. People don't have to answer if they don't wish to.

Last edited by lowandslow; 06-17-2006 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:40 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Sure but I bet the forums would get pretty dead. Besides, some questions have been asked and answered long ago. Nothing wrong with getting fresh opinions. It's only a post in a hobby forum, not the end of the world if questions are repeted time to time. People don't have to answer if they don't wish to.
I don't mean to help get this thread off track, but I agree with you 100%. I am fine with seeing repeat questions. Times, technology, opinions and people on the forums change, so the answers do too. I'm not saying it was the case here, but often I think it's more about ego than really needing direct someone towards the search button and older threads/information.
MattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 12:53 PM   #17
MODERATOR™

NN or The Stick?!

Stick or NN?

It'd be nice to have only one thread about one topic.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 03:43 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Never mind. I didn't realize that multiple posts on the same subject made your life so difficult... Gezzz..