Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Question on about 4 wheel steer.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2006, 10:46 AM   #1

Exclamation Question on about 4 wheel steer.

I just bought a modified clodbuster with the super rooster reversible speed controler and it came with a JR XR3i 3 channel remote. I dont understand how to make the truck crab walk or turn any different than it is now. The wheels turn opposite of eachother now. Is there a better romote or can i make this one work someone please let me know thanks.
Dmaxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2006, 03:47 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Pics?
4link4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmaxking
I just bought a modified clodbuster with the super rooster reversible speed controler and it came with a JR XR3i 3 channel remote. I dont understand how to make the truck crab walk or turn any different than it is now. The wheels turn opposite of eachother now. Is there a better romote or can i make this one work someone please let me know thanks.
you have a 3 channel but do you have a seperate switch/knob to control the rear servo independantly? Or are the front and rear servos connected together with a Y harness and servo reverser?
To crab walk you need to control the rear indepdently which means you need to have 3 channels, throttle, front servo, rear servo plus you need a seperate switch or knob to control the rear.
blue-beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:21 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

He's using a JR... he is using mixing to control the third channel.

What you need to do is open the menu and reverse the AUX channel to switch back and forth from crab to steer.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #5

[/IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-30-2006, 03:19 PM   #6

[/IMG]
Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

well jesus, aluminum everything, that doesnt look cheap.
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:03 PM   #8

no it wasnt cheap but ive been trying all day to make this thing have 4 wheel steer and its does using the a button on my reciever but it turns way to slow so does anyone know of a good reciever and controller i should buy or if they have one for sale. Im not sure if i should go with a 4 channel or six channel let me know please im new to this.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:40 AM   #9

I want to be able to turn the front and rear axle independantly.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:32 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

For the money go with a traxxas tq3 radio and receiver.If your JR> receiver is 3 channel you'll just need radio.Modding the tq3 is easy.
My Modded TQ3 Update - Added EPA pots
As for the speed of turning that is probably a b.e.c. issue.You may want to run a receiver pack.Hope this helps.
cblake187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:58 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

You can use that radio for 4 wheel steer, I have the XS3. Do you have the manual for it? You need the manual to change settings because it isnt a simple thing to do. Unfortunately I'm on vacation right now or I'd grab my manual and tell you how to do it. If no one else can help you before Sunday, I'll be glad to. Does JR have manuals online? I just checked, they do.

http://www.jrradios.com/Products/Sup...odID=JRP354075

It will take a little reading to figure it out but you can do it. If you look at the feature explanation of the XS3, it explains a little what you can do with the third channel. That might be helpful.

As far as the speed of the servo, check the specs on the servo model to see what the torque and speed are.

Good luck.
BigSmokinGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:27 AM   #12

I went over and over the manual for 4 hours yesterday and I figured out how to use it a lot easier but i still couldnt get the rear to steer corectly. Before i was using the a button on my radio to adjust the trim on the rear to steer it back and forth and thats why it turns to slow doing it that way. I got the thumb button (c button) to turn the rear but the problem was it would never go back to center just left or right. Anyways if you can help me when you get back from vacation i would appreciate it thanks, and if this doesnt work maybe i will go with the tq3 or something else. Whatever is better.