Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: nylint in disguise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default nylint in disguise

So..it looks like Nylint cause...well...thats what i started with. its how i got into the RC hobby. I quickly learned that toys suck and i needed a hobby grade crawler. I hated the lexan fullsize bronco body and i wanted to waterproof it. found out the nylint had a "water tight" compartment in the rear, and the hard plastic allowed it to roll alot safer.

55t integys
stock pinion
moab xls
outlaw rims
el cheapo esc
rock bull all metal chassis (straight links)
the stiffest shocks i could find (that nylint is heavy!)

Here it is playin in the mud.

its submersible all the way up to the seats. Gotta install a fan to keep the esc cool. and may be working on adapters to fit the nylint tires for mudding. The foam soaks up water and gets real heavy.

I know...its top heavy. Well, moab isnt in my back yard here in NC...but Tellico is so theres alot of mud and trail type areas so thats what i built it for.

Anyway...CRR has a get together this saturday at Miller park, im sure white trash will have video of the whole meet, but i should have lots more pics and maybe a video in the mud. I'll update the post when i get pics.
BigRedB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2006, 08:55 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Nice pic BigRed. We need to get that batt. mounted. That tie strap was in my back pocket the whole time.
scruff007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

ahh man! we'll get it next time. ive been thinking of a way to mount my nylint rims and tires....need to get some spare clod wheel hub parts though. remember you mentioned about having a servo to turn a head? with dual ESC's youd have that second esc to plug in to and the servo on that one should theoretically do the same thing as the steering servo.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Didn't Tyco do something like that?
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #5
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedB2
remember you mentioned about having a servo to turn a head? with dual ESC's youd have that second esc to plug in to and the servo on that one should theoretically do the same thing as the steering servo.
You dont plug servos into the ESC, you plug them into the receiver. You could use a Y harness to connect the two servos together and then they would turn the same amount and at the same time using the single ESC and receiver you already have.

The Nylint Clod looks good. I bought a red Scorpion with the sole intention of driving it till the axles break and then putting the body on Clod axles.

How about some shots of how the body is attached to the chassis.....unless it is zip tied.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 12:53 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

yeah..brain fart on the servo plugs...im still new at this. i'll get some pics up for ya on the body mounts.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:19 AM   #7
I lost my vendor privileges

big red i screwed my nylint rims to the clod hubs so that they would fit it then. works but if you use the inner hex out of the clod axle it will fit the nylint rims it is 10mm i think.
clodstall is offline   Reply With Quote