Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Trouble with sidesteering kit from RC4wD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Trouble with sidesteering kit from RC4wD

I just got my order from RC4WD and have been beeting my brain on this gearbox mount steering kit. Maybe some of you have seen or heard about this kit from RC4wd.com. Well it comes with a small instruction sheet with VERY vague instruction, but there is a picture of how it should look installed. I just couldnt see how it was going to work at all, so i started looking closely at the picture and I found that the servo brackets are a mirrored version of whats in the picture and wont work at all the way they show it mounted. Has anyone else here baught this kit or installed it? Im wondering if there is somthing im not seeing? or maybe I just got a bad batch from the machine shop? anyways maybe you guys can help.

this is the pic on instruction sheet:

here you can see the mount they sent:

And look at this, the beveled edges indicate that side out, but that wont work at all. almost like the bends just went the wrong way.

AND! if you go to there website, http://rc4wd.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=1289 and look at the two pics of the kit you can plainly see that the mount on the mock axle and the one below it are tottaly differant! HOW DID THEY MESS THAT UP! am I the first person to get this kit? needless to say im steam'n over this. Was saposed to be crawl'n tomarrow and now I have no servo mounts!!!!! AHHHHH

Last edited by knok2222; 10-19-2006 at 11:12 PM.
knok2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

It's an old school JK(Mudcow) design. Try mounting the servo into the bracket, then you'll see which holes to use on the Clod gearcase, at least I hope so.

You should make sure to read the Clod FAQ thread also.
Aggressor Steering System

Last edited by toyofast; 10-19-2006 at 10:38 PM.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

looks like it was drilled on the wrong side to me.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:43 AM   #4
RCC Addict

looks like it belongs on the motor side of the gearbox.
emaxxjeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:06 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

It's countersunk on the wrong side.
They will probably replace it.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:08 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

ya.. hes a cool guy. shipped replacement same day. Awsome customer service. no fuss or anything. I know stuff like that happens. not his fault.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:22 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

are both brackets exactly the same or one for the front and one for the rear? looks like not only are the holes countersunk on the wrong side but the brackets backwards. he is a good guy, i ordered a rockbull chassis for a txt, i sent him an email telling him i was going to use a emaxx trans and he sent me some free trans brackets.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:41 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

ya the bends are in the wrong direction... but no the front and rear axles are identical, so all parts will be identical as well. no front or rear... but i almost wish I would have got the crawler stores bta steering now. ohh well this will work fine.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:45 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by knok2222
ya.. hes a cool guy. shipped replacement same day. Awsome customer service. no fuss or anything. I know stuff like that happens. not his fault.
Except for when you need things in a hurry and he takes a week before he even ships it. Sent Emails and PMs and no reply. Have had no issues till this shipment.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote