Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: yippeee!!!! DX6, Moped, etc.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2006, 07:58 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Talking yippeee!!!! DX6, Moped, etc.....

well my project is starting to come together. i'm using that tube frame i welded up a month ago. i've been gathering pieces and doing research. i ordered a Moped Bravo ESC last Monday, and it showed up yesterday. i had two old Futaba servos installed to see how my project would run, and i needed a Y-adapter to run both servos off a single channel. well it turned out i needed a servo reversing adapter as well, so off to the LHS i headed last night to get one for $17. every time i go there i ask about stick radios in ground frequencies, and all they ever have is aircraft radios (they have a large aircraft section). i recalled folks raving about the Spektrum DX6, and the LHS happened to have a few on the shelf. i asked if they were available in a ground frequency, and the guy at the counter said they are 2.4GHz, so you can use them for anything. well, the DX6 was $200, so my choice was to buy the servo reverser for $17, or the fancy new radio that would allow me to run the servos on separate channels for $200. CURSE YOU ALL!!!! of course i went with the $200 option.

so i got the Moped hooked up and the radio charged and all works!!! i also ordered a set of adjustable Clod motor mounts from CPE which showed up today. now to get a set of Lathe motors and some decent servos, and i'll be a crawlin' madman.

thanks to everyone on this site for providing excellent info!!!!!!!!

andy b.
andy b. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links