Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: new crawler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2006, 12:24 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default new crawler

hi guys. i recently found your site. i have a clod that has been sitting around for a while waiting to be built. i have a esp 4 chassis but was told that the screws arent the right size for it. i have all the electronics i need to run once i get it build. but i was thinking about using a different/newer chassis. anyone have any suggestions for me, im new to crawling but have been around racing sedans for a while.
gtbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2006, 12:32 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Pimp Cane all the way....Check them out in the Vendors sections. Just about any Chassis will work. SW2, VS, Xtreme Rc Hobbies, NN, Stick and so on. You can spend anywhere from $40 to $220 on one. What are you wanting out of or Clod? Trails or Comp Crawler? Are you wanting a 2.2 or Super class Crawler?

Last edited by run2jeepn; 12-09-2006 at 12:35 AM.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:27 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

theres alot of them out there check the crawlerstore.com vendors on here and the link in my sig pick whichever one you like and can afford
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 05:41 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmp6
theres alot of them out there check the crawlerstore.com vendors on here and the link in my sig pick whichever one you like and can afford
Ya I forgot about the CLAW.....
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:28 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

i basically want a toy, something that i can beat in the back yard. take out to trails and when i take my jeep out. i dont know of any competition around my way so thats probably out. something pieced together to be a little custom would be fun, but doesnt much matter. i have that other chassis but i dont like the over all design of it and all with the cantilevers and so forth.
i looked at the truck earlier and i need one of the c carriers, where could i get one?
Old 12-10-2006, 07:09 AM   #6
RCC Addict

For bashing, I'd say get an NN or any other linked chassis. You can find lots of spares on ebay, good luck.
4link4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 08:54 AM   #7
RCC Addict

If you're only planning on bashing the truck with the occasional crawling thrown in, you'll be hard-pressed to beat the performance and value of our Evolution chassis. If your CZ4 is complete you'd only need the chassis below as you've got everything else.

CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:39 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

lock the diffs better tires ball bearings are nice too
Old 12-11-2006, 01:56 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

ok i think i have a plan. i am going to just use the chassis i have but modify it a little.
ive been looking around and have seen most of you put the upper links on the factory steering bracket or something. is there a part i can buy for that? i think i have an idea on how i could make one out of a thick body post but i wouldnt mind buying a link for it either.
second i will need a way to attach the shocks to the lower links, i think i may have seen something that would work but i dont know what it is called. its basically a collar that goes around the link so you can i think adjust it further up and down the link.
where can i find instuructions on how to take the axles apart to lock the diffs and replace a broken carrier? and where can i buy carriers?
Old 12-11-2006, 10:20 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

anyone wanna help me out??
i need a place i can get the carriers, and directions on how to strip the axles down so i can replace them.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:56 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Is Glen Burnie a Scottish Glen? If so, I could send you some single plane upper link mounts for nothing. The axles are simple to strip down, just do it slowly and watch how they come apart, then clean them and put them back together in the same way. For the shock mounts, find a really wide cable tie, cut a section off it, wrap it around the link and bolt the shock to it real tight. Bingo
4link4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:24 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

unfortunately its actually glen burnie maryland, other side of the pond. thanks for the idea with the cable tie.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:51 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

what are carriers you mean the cheap plastic bearings they have stock i got mine from http://www.fullforcerc.com/bearings.htm
Old 12-13-2006, 08:02 AM   #14
~THE SCALE SHOP~

i agree the CPE evolution is the way to go. cheap and GREAT performance.
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:47 AM   #15
RCC Addict

CPE would be great if you want to bash and do some crawling here and there. i also like the gecko and gecko 2 pro. www.rcguy.com
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 03:28 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

well after taking the axles apart, i already have bearings in them. i need to find somewhere to order the c hub/carriers whatever you call them. the part in between the steering knuckle and the axle tube.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:30 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Do some searching , here you go, have fun:

http://www.rcpcrawlers.com/clod_axles.html
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote