Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Steering link Binding on NN chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #1

Default Steering link Binding on NN chassis

Yes I posted this in Newbie section but was getting no feed back. Sorry

Ok So i've done a search and can't find anything, I have Clod Axles and I bought a NN chassis and followed the instructions and i've found that I'm getting some binding on the axels and steering link coming from the servo plus I seem to have more steering to the Right than the left ( I've cut off the tabs on the knuckles). I have spaced the streeing horn like the instructions call for. My LHS said to bend the steering link, But I don't think this is something I should have to do. It seems to me that I need to move the servo out further or I need to move the link higher on the knuckel. (Am I right with this type of thinking?) I also seem to be getting a lot of steering push and no steering radius. I've set the chassis up for 16" WB with a 50/50 chassis set up. If I make the chassis a 15" WB and 60/40 split would that help with the Steering push?

Update:
I have moved the servo forwards and brought up the streeing link on the knuckle, which seemed to help. But I'm still getting binding on the axles and still more streeing to the right than the left. I've also shortend my WB down to 15" and 60/40 split which seems to have reduced the streeing push a bit. Any help would be great.

Last edited by koyote; 02-15-2007 at 09:59 PM.
koyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Can you post a pic? I have an NN also maybe if I see what is up I can help.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 10:54 PM   #3

Old 02-16-2007, 03:51 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

i fixed that problem on mine by useing a thick and thin associated servo spacers then i ground down the plastic on the case where the two halves come together. just made it smooth all the way across works real good now, hope this helps.
shrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

OK, looks like you need a longer servo horn for starters, The heavy duty ones from DuBro are good, aluminum are better. That's why you are getting better turn one way than the other. Also it will turn farther both directions with a longer horn. Next like ^^^ he posted, you may need to grind a little off the axle case right behind the tie rod for more room when the wheels are at full lock. Also I would strongly recommend Thunder tech racings CVD's for more steering and almost bulletproof axles!
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:36 PM   #6

I tried the longer servo horn and that puts the link lower and then it binds on the boss on the diff, with a shorter one it lifts it over it. will try again, and yes the CVD's are my next up grade. Thanx so far guys.